Junk Shop Idea For The Moor

page 3  sheffield star thursday  is the answer ,or it could be a market for makers ,it would make a good antique centre in my opinion and a christmas indoor centre ,like they have in scotland,but doubt it would be high or big enough though. so it will be usual moor and peace gardens this year,same old cabins,funfair and a bit of sand,so nothing will change around the area,as its under contract.same old same old.

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

page 3  sheffield star thursday  is the answer ,or it could be a market for makers ,it would make a good antique centre in my opinion and a christmas indoor centre ,like they have in scotland,but doubt it would be high or big enough though. so it will be usual moor and peace gardens this year,same old cabins,funfair and a bit of sand,so nothing will change around the area,as its under contract.same old same old.

In your first post you said 'they are thinking of turning  the  1st floor of debenhams into a second hand shop......'

Could you enlighten us as to who 'they' are - does the Star / Geoff elaborate on that minor detail

Here is some meat added to this carcass. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/exciting-makers-market-plan-for-debenhams-in-sheffield-4110959

In a nutshell, it might happen or it might not or it might end up being something else entirely depending whether or not the sale goes through, who buys it and what they want to do with it.

Exactly the same non conclusion as the last time The Star ran one of their teasing pieces about the future of the building.

It says a decision should be made in about a month so let's just wait and see.  If it's an independent makers market like has been done in other ex Debenhams, it might not be a bad thing given the trend in reusing, vintage and upcycling, particularly in the younger crowds.  

If by some chance, it does get taken over by another prominent department store chain, even better it will shut up some of those still pining for the loss of Roberts Brothers and Cockaynes.

My god with breaking news like that, it must be a doddle being a journalist at the Sheffield Star.  ' phoning it in' doesn't even come close

Edited by ECCOnoob

There's actually a second hand shop in Meadowhall, (vintage?) selling second hand clothes at high prices (IMO.) If it's good enough for Meadowhall it should be good enough for the town centre.

There's a little charity shop on Ecclesfield High Street, and I can honestly say it's the busiest shop of them all. Full of an interesting and eclectic mix of goods, I love having a mooch round it.  

Look at the popularity of car boot sales and craft shows too. 

All very environment friendly.

If it's done right in the Debenhams building, it could be quite a draw.

Edited by Anna B