Dominic Raab Been Made A Scapegoat By The Snowflakes

3 minutes ago, altus said:

Why should people support the actions of a party they didn't vote for, that was voted in by a minority of those who did vote and is implementing policies that they don't approve of?

If a government wants the people who didn't vote for them to support them they should implement policies those people approve of, or at least ones they don't disapprove of.

You can't please all of the people all of the time.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

It is the media mainly responsible for the witch hunt against the government.  The general public do not judge Dominic Raab as a bully.

Our voting system is not wrong because it normally delivers a majority for the largest party.  Almost nothing meaningful would get done if the voting system was changed to  give the minority political parties power. Imagine the damage Gina Miller would do if her new party was able to help block policies of the largest party in parliament.

Axe, you said exactly the same thing about Boris Johnson. It's all a media witch hunt against Boris. Like it was the media's fault he ignored his colleagues advice not to promote Chris Pincher MP; it was all the media's fault he broke his own lockdown rules; it was all the media's fault he got caught out lying ad infinitum.

If you're going to support a party that has "personal responsibility" as its core value, then at least expect the leaders of your party to show personal responsibility.

As for "The general public do not judge Dominic Raab as a bully". Were all the general public subject to Raab's behaviour?

Edited by Mister M
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mister M said:

Axe, you said exactly the same thing about Boris Johnson. It's all a media witch hunt against Boris. Like it was the media's fault he ignored his colleagues advice not to promote Chris Pincher MP; it was all the media's fault he broke his own lockdown rules; it was all the media's fault he got caught out lying ad infinitum.

If you're going to support a party that has "personal responsibility" as its core value, then at least expect the leaders of your party to show personal responsibility.

As for "The general public do not judge Dominic Raab as a bully". We're all the general public subject to Raab's behaviour?

I could never understand how Mr. Johnson got to be leader of the party or P.M.

7 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Nobody's suggesting that. This issue is why insist on people supporting a government they didn't want that is implementing policies they disapprove of?

2 minutes ago, altus said:

Nobody's suggesting that. This issue is why insist on people supporting a government they didn't want that is implementing policies they disapprove of?

People will always disapprove of some policies whether implemented by the party of their choice or another.

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

People will always disapprove of some policies whether implemented by the party of their choice or another.

But when people disapprove of policies, lying or whatever,  you claim they are just moaning.

If the party were not so unpopular, you wouldn't have to keep defending them.

You obviously don't accept, that the majority want them out.

This country has never been in such a situation , government wise

Edited by Organgrinder

8 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Again, that's not the issue. The issue is you arguing that people should support the government no matter what.

If Corbyn had got in and started nationalising things left, right and centre, getting rid of our nuclear weapons, etc. would you have argued that Tory voters should have supported his government doing so?

I must say that, for the first time in my life, I feel sorry  for supporters of the other side, as they struggle to defend an unpopular government who keep making mistake

after mistake, whilst their supporters do their best to make excuses for them and vainly look for the little goodies to show they are getting some things right.

My thoughts are, that the Tories should be left in place to put right everything they have ruined, and they would be demonstrating even further how useless they are.

In the meantime, their supporters are nearly tearing their hair out whilst, even the Tory owned media have more criticism than praise for the party they are supposed to be backing.

13 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I must say that, for the first time in my life, I feel sorry  for supporters of the other side, as they struggle to defend an unpopular government who keep making mistake

after mistake, whilst their supporters do their best to make excuses for them and vainly look for the little goodies to show they are getting some things right.

My thoughts are, that the Tories should be left in place to put right everything they have ruined, and they would be demonstrating even further how useless they are.

In the meantime, their supporters are nearly tearing their hair out whilst, even the Tory owned media have more criticism than praise for the party they are supposed to be backing.

Who is the other side, I thought you did not support any party.

I do not believe the majority want this government out

I try to be objective and not hate a party just because of who they are.

18 minutes ago, altus said:

Again, that's not the issue. The issue is you arguing that people should support the government no matter what.

If Corbyn had got in and started nationalising things left, right and centre, getting rid of our nuclear weapons, etc. would you have argued that Tory voters should have supported his government doing so?

Good point.

It is just the constant moaning by some at the government just because it is Conservative regardless of what they do.

I would feel the same if it was a Labour government.

Edited by harvey19