Dominic Raab Been Made A Scapegoat By The Snowflakes

35 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I doubt very much if Raab was guilty of serious bullying, certainly what I would consider serious bullying. It is far more likley that the defintion of bullying has become more and more watered down to the point where it doesn't really mean anything any more. A bit like "sexual assault", bearing in mind a lad who tried groping a woman's boob during a drunken snog was subsequently accused of "sexual assault".

I have had this kind of thing before when phoning to complain about appalling service which may well have left one in a very stressful situation, the minute one starts to show emotion in one's voice it's "please don't shout at me or I will terminate the call" when nobody has shouted at them at all, pathetic snowflakes.

And yes, all of this comes back to the pathetic mantra of modern society, that explains everything from Covid lockdowns to trans extremism : "nobody must be upset".

As I understand it the senior employment lawyer who was asked by Sunak to look into the complaints of bullying used the High Court ruling on the Ministerial Code as guidance into Raab's behaviour.

But I suppose that carries very little water when one looks at he experience of the OP ab6262, who apprently had knives, pans and all manner of utensils thrown at him (and probably hacked to peices with a chainsaw as well) when he was 16, but it never did him any harm. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, if we are now ruled by this pathetic mantra "nobody must be upset"; why did you get all upset about having to wear a mask during lockdown?

8 minutes ago, fools said:

no, you really need to ask why so many were not upheld

No I don't.

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

The civil service is a very large organisation; and the over whelming majority of ministers from which ever party have managed to do their jobs without resorting to bullying.

Now with regard to your point about others being encouraged to complain, the chief investigator looked at many of the complaints, but upheld 2 or 3. 

So really you need to ask yourself why he upheld these complaints and and not others were upheld.

We need to ask also what was the content of these complaints and whether if Mr. Rabb had not previously offered to resign if ANY complaint was upheld would they have been serious enough to cause such an action.

As we do not know what the specific complaints were and who made them it is all speculation but it may cause an investigation into why such behaviour was provoked.

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

Incidentally, if we are now ruled by this pathetic mantra "nobody must be upset"; why did you get all upset about having to wear a mask during lockdown?

There is a difference between being forced by the state to do something completely unnatural and someone at work "bullying you".

In the first instance I'll bet it wouldn't count as bullying by my definition, and in the second, like everyone else who doesn't like their boss, if they don't like it they have the option to leave. In fact it isn't even as bad as that because most ministers only stay in their roles a matter of months, a year or two at most (usually). 

Note bullying at school should have a lower bar than for in the workplace because kids have no choice, they have to be there.

Edited by Chekhov

5 hours ago, Chekhov said:

There is a difference between being forced by the state to do something completely unnatural and someone at work "bullying you".

In the first instance I'll bet it wouldn't count as bullying by my definition, and in the second, like everyone else who doesn't like their boss, if they don't like it they have the option to leave. In fact it isn't even as bad as that because most ministers only stay in their roles a matter of months, a year or two at most (usually). 

Note bullying at school should have a lower bar than for in the workplace because kids have no choice, they have to be there.

You forget that the  rules the government makes are not to fit your "definition" but that of people who expect a little better behaviour than you seem to exhibit.

Would you also like the speed limits to fit your definition too, so that you can drive home faster from work?

Probably be nice if we could all use our own definition of behaviour but we can't and don't.

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Mister M did you on that one . I think thats what the youth call , Owned 😂

• Thanks 1

On 21/04/2023 at 15:50, ab6262 said:

what a load of old Tosh dreamt up by a few snowflakes in the civil service! there was a time when the civil service was a force to be reckoned with now it seems is run by lilly livered hideaways that cant stand a little banter or a good bollocking when its needed.

Dominic Raab should be applauded not vilified for taking a strong stance on incompetence  its about time we were tougher in the workplace.

when i started work at15 or 16 we were scared of the boss/chef we had allsorts thrown at us if we messed up , pans , carving forks , lids etc, we soon learnt and were the better for it and didnt do it again.

re-instate Mr Raab we need more like him!!!

Agreed, he probably wanted them to do a fair days work,  that being enough to upset them.