Dominic Raab Been Made A Scapegoat By The Snowflakes

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

far too easy these days to raise a grievance! 

So how difficult would you make it to raise a grievance?

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I know 'most workplaces have grievance procedures' - we did, but that is not what I am asking. I was asking about those specific complaints which were not upheld by the enquiry - some of which, if reports are to be believed, came from people who had never even met Raab.

Presumably that's why the investigator Adam Tolley dismissed them.

2 hours ago, harvey19 said:

We are not aware of exactly what he did.

If he had not declared that he would resign if any allegation was upheld there may have only been advice given to him.

I've not read the full report, however when a Minister breaches the Ministerial Code the expectation is that they offer their resignation.

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So how difficult would you make it to raise a grievance?

Presumably that's why the investigator Adam Tolley dismissed them.

I've not read the full report, however when a Minister breaches the Ministerial Code the expectation is that they offer their resignation.

The question then is - why were they made?

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

There have been a lot of people here and elsewhere praising Raab for resigning but, as you say, he's only doing what people in his position are expected to. The only reason it's notable is that so may in this government who have breached the ministerial code have not resigned and his actions only seems praiseworthy in comparison to them.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

The question then is - why were they made?

You've said that there are reports of complaints made against his behaviour by people who never met him. How credible are these reports?

Surely some of the complainants must have worked for him.

Just now, harvey19 said:

And what was the result of the investigation into the dismissed complaints and complainers ?

Slapped wrists and 'don't do it again you naughty person'.

Just now, Mister M said:

You've said that there are reports of complaints made against his behaviour by people who never met him. How credible are these reports?

Surely some of the complainants must have worked for him.

But what about the ones who didn't??

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Slapped wrists and 'don't do it again you naughty person'.

But what about the ones who didn't??

Like I said above - how credible are these reports of people complaining about his behaviour when they've not worked for him? 

Are the people complaining about what he's done to them, or what he's done to their colleagues who had to move departments because of him?

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Like I said above - how credible are these reports of people complaining about his behaviour when they've not worked for him? 

Are the people complaining about what he's done to them, or what he's done to their colleagues who had to move departments because of him?

Good question - I will have to check up on that, as I admit I have only seen numerous 'headlines' on the subject - but as people keep saying 'no smoke without fire'

Surely their colleagues should be making the complaint directly - that would carry more weight.

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Good question - I will have to check up on that, as I admit I have only seen numerous 'headlines' on the subject - but as people keep saying 'no smoke without fire'

Surely their colleagues should be making the complaint directly - that would carry more weight.

I would've thought so. Any grievance should be made by the person concerned.

However I do know that in the case  of the Civil Service, it is the civil servants line manager who raises the concerns with the minister. I do know that the Permanent Secretary Simon McDonald raised issues with Raab on his behaviour.

Dominic Raab dismissed warnings about his behaviour, says ex-Foreign Office colleague – as it happened | Politics | The Guardian

7 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Without the specific facts being published for examination and evaluation all opinions are speculative and probably subjective.

But Adam Tolley conducted his report under guidance by the High Court of their interpretation of the Ministerial Code. 

So there is an objective criteria by which Raab's behaviour was judged.

Moreover, you're not saying because every detail isn't published then it's speculative are you?

Edited by Mister M