Car Insurance Question

Evening all. I have a question re car insurance. 

In Feb I was in a collision with Mr Magoos other half.

It was minor for my car. Paint damage to the wheel arch and Very minor scuffing to the bumper but its a motability vehicle so had to report it.

Anyhow, I sent the photos off and received a phone call some time after to arrange repair and was very surprised to hear I'd be needing an entire front bumper replacement.  I queried it but she was adamant. The repair day arrived and the job was completed but no new front bumper. I was too busy to ask any questions as I had to pick up my daughter so let it lie but it's bothering me. I'm thinking maybe It was a mistake?

Or maybe motabilities insurer is getting taken for a ride?

What are your opinions? Is it worth mentioning  to motability so they can look into it with the insurance company and see what's been claimed for in terms of parts? 

Edited by The_DADDY

Cheech and Chong are at it again

14 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

It was minor for my car. Paint damage to the wheel arch and Very minor scuffing to the bumper but its a motability vehicle so had to report it.

Anyhow, I sent the photos off and received a phone call some time after to arrange repair and was very surprised to hear I'd be needing an entire front bumper replacement.  I queried it but she was adamant. The repair day arrived and the job was completed but no new front bumper. I was too busy to ask any questions as I had to pick up my daughter so let it lie but it's bothering me. I'm thinking maybe It was a mistake?

What are your opinions? Is it worth mentioning  to motability so they can look into it with the insurance company and see what's been claimed for in terms of parts? 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

:rolleyes:

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

😂😂

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Improve your own driving skills to avoid future car insurance claims.

11 hours ago, Axe said:

Improve your own driving skills to avoid future car insurance claims.

This assumes the OP was at fault. We don't know if that was the case. It may have been the other driver at fault.

mobility have there own insurance,give them a ring,re-the new parts normally its the same with tires replace do not repair,now she could of thought that was the case and the car sprayers thought different ,give them a ring for ease of mind,they are for the most very good,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hopman said:

This assumes the OP was at fault. We don't know if that was the case. It may have been the other driver at fault.

Axe is just being an idiot. Yes, it was the other drivers fault. She crossed over into my lane without indicating giving me no time to come to a complete stop. Then went on a rant about how I should look where I'm going 🙄

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

mobility have there own insurance,give them a ring,re-the new parts normally its the same with tires replace do not repair,now she could of thought that was the case and the car sprayers thought different ,give them a ring for ease of mind,they are for the most very good,

Cheers for that. I'll ring them on Monday and see what they say 🙏

Never just go on visual inspections.

Someone ran into the back of me.  It cracked the bumper, so it just looked like it would need a replacement - £50 from the scrappy.

However, upon removal of the bumper it was found that the damage to the bodywork was far more severe, the entire boot floor was crumped and suspension was damaged - but it wasn't noticeable until you lifted the carpet. 

The car ended up being written off as being structurally unsound.

Edited by alchresearch