Diane Abbott Has Labour Whip Suspended

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I always had Westy down as another fence sitter.

He ought to be .  He never offers much to the debate.

24 minutes ago, Delbow said:

So you and Jack Grey think that based on her comments, Diane Abbott admires Hitler and supports the extermination of the world's Jews, and now you're asking why that's not correct. Jesus F Christ.

She compared the mass extermination of over 6 million Jews to people being ridiculed for their hair colour...

If not a 'Nazi', she's just thick as pig-muck and/or quite cleqrly mentally unstable.

I'd say it's more of a sackable offence than what Raab has been through

8 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

She compared the mass extermination of over 6 million Jews to people being ridiculed for their hair colour...

If not a 'Nazi', she's just thick as pig-muck and/or quite cleqrly mentally unstable.

I'd say it's more of a sackable offence than what Raab has been through

Sunak didn’t have the cojones to sack Raab though. The Labour Party have done the right thing here and suspended her. The Tories would have waited a few weeks for it to blow over and if it didn’t they’d have had an inquiry.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Can you prove that?

And, as a tory supporter, you shouldn't talk about parties without scruples.

Nothing to prove. It is in the public domain that Diane Abbott wanted the IRA to defeat the British army.

I have voted Tory in General Elections but that does not make me a Tory supporter.   I might not bother voting in the next General Election.

27 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Sunak didn’t have the cojones to sack Raab though. The Labour Party have done the right thing here and suspended her. The Tories would have waited a few weeks for it to blow over and if it didn’t they’d have had an inquiry.

The difference being that Raab's case is 'he said/she said'...

Abbott's case is she's proven she's a fruit loop and is unfit for office.

I could be wrong here, but it appears to me that most of the people who keep banging on about racism don't really wish to see an end to it, they just want to keep the pot boiling. For people like Abbott, nothing will ever be enough to appease her.