Diane Abbott Has Labour Whip Suspended

33 minutes ago, Axe said:

Nothing to prove. It is in the public domain that Diane Abbott wanted the IRA to defeat the British army.

I have voted Tory in General Elections but that does not make me a Tory supporter.   I might not bother voting in the next General Election.

Show us where in the public domain?

I don't like Dianne Abbott and never did but that's a very serious accusation and bordering on treason,  for an MP of the realm to want British troops to be defeated. 

You let your hatred carry you away a little sometimes.

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

She obviously hates Jews so that's both bases covered really 

If we assume that is correct. Why does anyone hate Jews?

It beats me why anyone would hate a group of people. Maybe Germans if you blame the German people for the war, or maybe Russians if you blame the people instead of Putin.

Why hate anyone?

25 minutes ago, KP Nuts said:

I could be wrong here, but it appears to me that most of the people who keep banging on about racism don't really wish to see an end to it, they just want to keep the pot boiling. For people like Abbott, nothing will ever be enough to appease her.

No, You're not wrong

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Show us where in the public domain?

I don't like Dianne Abbott and never did but that's a very serious accusation and bordering on treason,  for an MP of the realm to want British troops to be defeated. 

You let your hatred carry you away a little sometimes.

Yet another poor contribution.

"Do you regret your support for the IRA back in the 80s?"

Ms Abbott replied: "That particular quote you're referring to comes from a now defunct left newspaper.

"It was 34 years ago. I had a rather splendid afro at the time. I don't have the same hairstyle and I don't have the same views.

"It is 34 years on. The hairstyle has gone, and some of the views have gone."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-ira-regret-jeremy-corbyn-defeat-british-state-a7759926.html

41 minutes ago, KP Nuts said:

I could be wrong here, but it appears to me that most of the people who keep banging on about racism don't really wish to see an end to it, they just want to keep the pot boiling. For people like Abbott, nothing will ever be enough to appease her.

I'd go along with that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crookesey said:

The stupid woman attempted to down play Jews being subject to racism. I suspect this is because the majority of Jews are white and not subject to colour prejudice, she appears to have let the circa six million gassed by the Nazis slip her mind. 

I'm no friend of Abbott, but I thought she was talking about Jews these days, and particularly in this country ? If so she is patently correct.

I suppose I should separate Jews from Zionists (who are by definition anti Palestine) but the vast majority of people could not give  toss if someone is Jewish or not and most people cannot tell if people are Jews anyway.

Having said all of that, I do not think racism in this country is that significant for any group so it's a load of hot air over nothing twice over.

26 minutes ago, Axe said:

Yet another poor contribution.

I have searched for articles on Dianne Abbott and I have found some which say she "supported" the IRA. I can find nothing that says HOW she supported the IRA and also,

nothing to back your interpretation that she wanted the British army to lose.

In view of that, this subject has not been closed in any meaningful way with hard proof.

Knowing you penchant for accusing people of being terrorist sympathisers,  (you have actually levelled that accusation at me), I was sceptical of just how far she leaned in that direction.

You might realise that anyone, like me for instance,  who would like to see a permanent peace in Ireland, are entitled to say "We should never have taken Ireland at gunpoint as we did"

and  "We should have made efforts to withdraw a long time ago".  This is not taking sides but admitting that our actions in the past have been wrong. 

You are fully entitled to have a different viewpoint but you are far too ready to brand other people as terrorist supporters..

Try and think of something original to say in place of  another poor contribution.  It's not that hard to think

10 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I have searched for articles on Dianne Abbott and I have found some which say she "supported" the IRA. I can find nothing that says HOW she supported the IRA and also,

nothing to back your interpretation that she wanted the British army to lose.

In view of that, this subject has not been closed in any meaningful way with hard proof.

Knowing you penchant for accusing people of being terrorist sympathisers,  (you have actually levelled that accusation at me), I was sceptical of just how far she leaned in that direction.

You might realise that anyone, like me for instance,  who would like to see a permanent peace in Ireland, are entitled to say "We should never have taken Ireland at gunpoint as we did"

and  "We should have made efforts to withdraw a long time ago".  This is not taking sides but admitting that our actions in the past have been wrong. 

You are fully entitled to have a different viewpoint but you are far too ready to brand other people as terrorist supporters..

Try and think of something original to say in place of  another poor contribution.  It's not that hard to think

Bold

This any use?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-ira-regret-jeremy-corbyn-defeat-british-state-a7759926.html

From the link...

"Discussing how the Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, said he had not met with the IRA but was then pictured with members of the IRA throughout his political career, Andrew Marr said: You yourself said a defeat for the British state would be a great liberation, a great move forward, at that period of time."

Asked once more if she regretted what she said, she asked: "What specifically do you want me to regret?"

Mr Marr said: "You said a defeat of the IRA would be devastating for the British people. A defeat for the British state was a good thing, you said, at the time when the IRA was attacking the British state.

"You said the reason for the violence was entirely caused by the British presence in Northern Ireland. Do you think those statements now are wrong?"

Ms Abbott responded: "It was 34 years ago. I've moved on."

Edited by The_DADDY