Anyone Celebrating Saint George's Day?

27 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

All those folk straining to put at negative on St George's day.

Β 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Cos its complete and utter BS, faux patriotism, lets show how English we are by celebrating somebody whos not English, never set foot in England, slayed imaginary dragons and is celebrated by half the world not just us.

At least celebrate an English person whos done something to help the people of England, if you must celebrate someone to show your patriotism

Β 

I even read that we "bought" our flag from Italy

Edited by melthebell

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Cos its complete and utter BS, faux patriotism, lets show how English we are by celebrating somebody whos not English, never set foot in England, slayed imaginary dragons and is celebrated by half the world not just us.

At least celebrate an English person whos done something to help the people of England, if you must celebrate someone to show your patriotism

Β 

I even read that we "bought" our flag from Italy

Who do you suggest we celebrate ?

21 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I celebrated by pulling up my flag bedecked Corsa in an pub car park, leaving the doors open and blasting out d&b and garage next to our table all afternoon, while the kids ran about.

Why would you do that?

Β 

Wouldn't leaving your car doors open drain your battery?