Sudan Violence: British Diplomats Evacuated From Khartoum

British diplomats and their families have been evacuated from Sudan in a "complex and rapid" operation, Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has confirmed.

Mr Sunak said work was continuing to ensure the safety of British nationals who remain in Sudan.

The evacuees were taken to an airfield outside of Khartoum to fly out of the country overnight, Defence Secretary Ben Wallace told the BBC.

Fierce violence erupted last week in Khartoum between two opposing forces.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65367019

Sudan approves a Russian Red Sea base and suddenly there's violence?

Like Nord Stream America is definitely,  probably, possibly not involved in any way.  

Screenshot-20230423-143330-Google.jpg

🤔

33 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Why would British people claim Asylum in their own country?

I think you know what my point was 

Of the estimated 4000 people trapped 400 are British citizens and the rest are dual citizens

I'm curious how many came to the UK and claimed asylum and then went back to the home country that they said was too dangerous to live there 

Edited by Jack Grey

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Of the estimated 4000 people trapped 400 are British citizens and the rest are dual citizens

I'm curious how many came to the UK and claimed asylum and then went back to the home country that they said was too dangerous to live there 

Let’s hope France drops all the British that it has rescued from Sudan into Rwanda.

I’m sure the Foreign Office will get the joke 😆

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

It makes sense for anyone claiming asylum to apply for a British passport as soon as they can.  The British passport is the most prestigious passport and is still one of the most powerful passports despite Brexit. 

1 minute ago, Axe said:

It makes sense for anyone claiming asylum to apply for a British passport as soon as they can.  The British passport is the most prestigious passport and is still one of the most powerful passports despite Brexit. 

I think you guys are missing my point that I bet there are a lot of people who claim asylum because their country is too dangerous but then regularly fly back to that county

A lot of flights leave the UK and go to places like Iran, Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan

And I bet those flights are full of people who claimed asylum in the UK 

If it's safe enough to go to a family wedding then they should have their asylum status removed and returned home

2 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I think you guys are missing my point that I bet there are a lot of people who claim asylum because their country is too dangerous but then regularly fly back to that county

A lot of flights leave the UK and go to places like Iran, Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan

And I bet those flights are full of people who claimed asylum in the UK 

If it's safe enough to go to a family wedding then they should have their asylum status removed and returned home

They can fly to about 190 countries with a British passport.  A British passport makes it safe for them to do so in most circumstances.  It would not be correct to remove a British passport holder's status for using their passport.