Sudan Violence: British Diplomats Evacuated From Khartoum

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

mardy bum, cos the thread didnt go the way you wanted

Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't care how any of my threads go as a rule. That's not why I post them. 

To say this thread has taken an unexpected turn is a perfectly reasonable comment to make considering the racist card is being used for no good reason. 

5 minutes ago, cressida said:

:bigsmile:  Could he really care less!

Nope 🤣

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Not sure what's racist to suggest that some people who claim asylum return to their home countries

Which would imply that they lied on their asylum claims

If someone from Sudan claimed asylum and then returned home and now we have to rescue them then it's a failure in our system 

I was just curious because it probably happens a lot 

I read a story about an Somalian refugee whos wanted for murder in the UK and he fled the country.....back to Somalia 

There was a long civil war in Sudan. Most of those granted asylum were granted it during that time because of the civil war. The civil war ended and the military were supposed to transition the country to a democracy, which is when those granted asylum felt it was safe enough to, say, visit their relatives. The recent fighting is between the two factions in the civil war vying for who will rule the country (or at least lead the army) - essentially the civil war is starting up again.

So those who were granted asylum in this country during the civil war, who you think should have been sent back, would be eligible for asylum again now the civil war is restarting.

8 minutes ago, altus said:

There was a long civil war in Sudan. Most of those granted asylum were granted it during that time because of the civil war. The civil war ended and the military were supposed to transition the country to a democracy, which is when those granted asylum felt it was safe enough to, say, visit their relatives. The recent fighting is between the two factions in the civil war vying for who will rule the country (or at least lead the army) - essentially the civil war is starting up again.

So those who were granted asylum in this country during the civil war, who you think should have been sent back, would be eligible for asylum again now the civil war is restarting.

Most of those claiming asylum any where are from Southern Sudan and the vast majority claim asylum in Sudan and Uganda.  I do not believe there have been many people from Southern Sudan who have made illegal boat crossings to the UK.   In any case anyone making an illegal crossing of the English Channel will have to wait at least 5 years after being granted asylum before becoming a British citizen and then apply for a British passport.

Last year most of those making the illegal crossing of the English Channel  came originally from Albania and so far most of the illegal crossings this year have been made by people originating from India.  The only fair conclusion we can draw is most of those making the illegal crossing of the channel are economic migrants and they should not be granted asylum. 

56 minutes ago, Axe said:

Most of those claiming asylum any where are from Southern Sudan and the vast majority claim asylum in Sudan and Uganda.  I do not believe there have been many people from Southern Sudan who have made illegal boat crossings to the UK.   In any case anyone making an illegal crossing of the English Channel will have to wait at least 5 years after being granted asylum before becoming a British citizen and then apply for a British passport.

Last year most of those making the illegal crossing of the English Channel  came originally from Albania and so far most of the illegal crossings this year have been made by people originating from India.  The only fair conclusion we can draw is most of those making the illegal crossing of the channel are economic migrants and they should not be granted asylum. 

Your knowledge of the world seems to have expanded since you last spoke.

Can I ask you where all these "facts"? have come from????

You can only draw fair conclusions if your facts are absolutely correct and not just guesses.

13 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Your knowledge of the world seems to have expanded since you last spoke.

Can I ask you where all these "facts"? have come from????

You can only draw fair conclusions if your facts are absolutely correct and not just guesses.

I suggest you watch the 24 hour News Channels to educate yourself.

32 minutes ago, cressida said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65371585   Sudan

Get to Sudan airfield UK nationals told.

Let us hope all those with British passports who want to leave Sudan get to the airfield or port.  The British military are doing excellent work.  We can assume Britain has been working closely with the USA who organised the cease fire which hopefully will last long enough to help British passport holders.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Axe said:

I suggest you watch the 24 hour News Channels to educate yourself.

I watch the news BBC or SKY each breakfast, lunch, evening and late night every day without fail,  and have not seen or heard any of the figures you have quoted.

My theory is still that your figures are guesswork and to be taken with a pinch of salt (as are most of the things you say).

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I watch the news BBC or SKY each breakfast, lunch, evening and late night every day without fail,  and have not seen or heard any of the figures you have quoted.

My theory is still that your figures are guesswork and to be taken with a pinch of salt (as are most of the things you say).

I knew you didn't have a job 

• Haha 1