Sheffield Wednesday Transfer News.

KP Nuts

Well the time is nearly upon us where there'll be ins and out at this great club of ours. What new players are going to be privileged to pull on them famous Blue and White Stripes. There's already some rumours floating around but surely, both club and any potential signing would prefer to know where we'll be playing next season (although I know we'll be in the championship, remember where you heard it).

So, from now, until the start of the next season, if you should hear any rumours, paper talk or the like, linking us with any players in or out, or any staff movements, then stick them in here. Let's keep our club ahead of the game whilst the others are sleeping.

Looks like we're looking at somebody called john fleck at united. That won't be for the first team by the way, apparently he's an experienced under 18/21 player. He is knocking on a bit though so I don't really understand that. How's he get into the junior sides? Strange lot that lot.

• Sad 1

if we go up in the top 2 thats fine,but if we go up via play offs then its cost loads of dosh time as all the best deals go first, but as you know i believe to get up get some top class foreign players on loan with a guarantee buy them if we go up,like wolves did it worked okay and they stayed up.

3 minutes ago, bassett one said:

all the best deals go first,

I'm not sure that's the case Mr Bassett although admittedly I know little about how all that stuff actually works in practice. Surely the market we'll be shopping in will be free agents, maybe small fee transfers and loans. Don't all the players existing contracts terminate at the end of June? I know they can sign pre contract contracts and I know it isn't ideal but I don't think things will be too bad to be honest. 

Having said that, I could be totally wrong.😀

But, if you do hear any rumours, lets be hearing them.

19 hours ago, KP Nuts said:

Looks like we're looking at somebody called john fleck at united. That won't be for the first team by the way, apparently he's an experienced under 18/21 player. He is knocking on a bit though so I don't really understand that. How's he get into the junior sides? Strange lot that lot.

Maybe he got in the same way as first team players do for Wednesdays junior side.

Edited by Alextopman

Not a transfer as such but the rumour doing the rounds is that George Byers will be signing up to stay with the Owls for next season. No inkling of duration but i'd expect 2 years again. Just hope he can stay fit for next season and beyond.

13 minutes ago, KP Nuts said:

Not a transfer as such but the rumour doing the rounds is that George Byers will be signing up to stay with the Owls for next season. No inkling of duration but i'd expect 2 years again. Just hope he can stay fit for next season and beyond.

That's the worry with Byers, he seems to get a few injuries. We need to make sure there's good enough cover there for when he is injured.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NERVY-OWL said:

That's the worry with Byers, he seems to get a few injuries. We need to make sure there's good enough cover there for when he is injured.

Maybe it's Shipston time. A managed introduction into the first team. Probably send him out on loan now i've said that.