Sheffield Wednesday Transfer News.

KP Nuts

In two weeks time we start our Championship campaign & we have the oldest,smallest & least valuable squad in the league…no signings,no trialists with the squad in Spain & yet the owner is optimistic of a top 6 finish..

XM comes across as a likeable fella & it’s intriguing to see how he does….but as it stands it will be a long tough season in my opinion…I hope & pray I’m wrong….but all the good will from the fantastic end to last season has gone & the opportunity to carry that into a new season has been wasted…

Well done Mr Chansiri….🙈

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

In two weeks time we start our Championship campaign & we have the oldest,smallest & least valuable squad in the league…no signings,no trialists with the squad in Spain & yet the owner is optimistic of a top 6 finish..

XM comes across as a likeable fella & it’s intriguing to see how he does….but as it stands it will be a long tough season in my opinion…I hope & pray I’m wrong….but all the good will from the fantastic end to last season has gone & the opportunity to carry that into a new season has been wasted…

Well done Mr Chansiri….🙈

But your under 21 team will be well stocked.🤣🤣🤣🤣.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

But your under 21 team will be well stocked.🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Still trying to work out how all the U21 team signings are going to keep the first team up this coming season.

I guess, if you want to sign very young players, the trick is to sign ones that are ready, and good enough, to start playing immediately in the first team. Maybe like ones that are already playing for their respective U21 and U23 national teams. They’re the quality ones.

But you have to pay a lot of pennies for those ones.

Edited by PapaLazarou
  • Like 1

I THINK HE WILL sign some players soon,most we have never heard of,but his agency hes part of have a few contacts and lets hope he does what hes done in the past get a good fast team and a team that plays good entertaining football and he gets us near the top,can he do it,well hes done it before so he knows what it takes.

13 hours ago, Padders said:

Blimey Mr. Bassett. Its looking ever more likely that the Premiership is beckoning next season..

Hey Padders, don't you mean the season after next?

Unless if you sign a whole team of players with unpronounceable names it equates to a 'get out of the Championship free card;

do not visit administration and go directly to the Premiership!'

echo.

• Haha 1

well at last top man comes in to sign players ect, luke dowling  been with many top teams and some that got out of the championship so lets hope the players roll in now ,hes been given the list of wanted players,plus he has knowledge of many others.so lets see

9 hours ago, Will Thomson said:

What club was that at Mr Bassett? I don't think he was at Watford when Munoz got them promoted and I don't think he won anything at West Brom. Having said that I'm by no means an expert on him or the clubs he's worked at.

I think I read he was at West Brom for at least one of their promotions but they still seem to hate him. Tbh I don't really care what backroom staff they bring in now, more bothered about players for the first team.

Probably not worth worrying about this chap cos he hasn’t worked since 2021 when WBA got rid where , according to a pal who supports them , he was a complete disaster in every area . Fell out with everyone including the club cat and brought in some absolute garbage before falling out with the chineses owners. The rumour also comes from an unreliable website 

surely mr chancer couldn’t be that stupid……?