Sheffield Wednesday Transfer News.

KP Nuts

9 hours ago, bassett one said:

sounds a good quality full back we will have to try and trust our new man , his record is good lets hope he gets it right

We'll see. His career stats aren't brilliant but it's how he performs with us that counts now. I thought he was a LB but says RB on wiki so if that's right we're well stocked there now.

8 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

We'll see. His career stats aren't brilliant but it's how he performs with us that counts now. I thought he was a LB but says RB on wiki so if that's right we're well stocked there now.

It’s all a bit uninspiring really. A manager with a very patchy record and a set of signings which look to be bargain basement at first glance.

I’m happy to give Xisco a chance, but unless the quality of signings improves, I can’t see anything other than  a long, hard season ahead.

30 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It’s all a bit uninspiring really. A manager with a very patchy record and a set of signings which look to be bargain basement at first glance.

I’m happy to give Xisco a chance, but unless the quality of signings improves, I can’t see anything other than  a long, hard season ahead.

I'm expecting a hard season whoever we sign, I can't see the quality being great this first season back. Hopefully good enough to keep us up at least then see if the quality can be improved on after that. Unknown quantities these new guys so hopefully they can surprise us.

8 hours ago, Alextopman said:

How is his record good?.

well our new manager has a decent record for the championship does he not? but did he have a top side of players there already? only time will tell ,but he knows less than top six hes out .

8 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well our new manager has a decent record for the championship does he not? but did he have a top side of players there already? only time will tell ,but he knows less than top six hes out .

Well, he’s spent a sum total of 5 months managing in the Championship.

Granted he was fortunate enough to gain a promotion during that time.

Good win percentage whilst at Watford, but only a 31% and a 30% win percentage in his 2 jobs since.

I genuinely fear for the guy, considering the transfer funds seemingly available, the huge task of a top 6 finish, the current squad, the competition and wealth in that league this coming season (probably the strongest for years) and of course the club owner.

23 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Well, he’s spent a sum total of 5 months managing in the Championship.

Granted he was fortunate enough to gain a promotion during that time.

Good win percentage whilst at Watford, but only a 31% and a 30% win percentage in his 2 jobs since.

I genuinely fear for the guy, considering the transfer funds seemingly available, the huge task of a top 6 finish, the current squad, the competition and wealth in that league this coming season (probably the strongest for years) and of course the club owner.

I don't think he's expected to get in the top 6. Yes Chansiri said we'd go for it but just a top half finish with this squad at the minute would be an achievement, unless he has a few million hidden away for the manager to use.

Agree with the rest but I wasn't that confident with Moore going into the championship so we'll see.