Relationship Between 'Culture War' Debates And Hate Crimes

28 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It's not that they don't have the same rights, it's that those rights you enjoy, are often violated against trans persons. Such as the right to be free from harassment.

They're not being stopped from competing in sporting events - they (male to 'female') are being stopped, in most cases, not all, from participating in womens sports as a matter of safety and fairness.

You say it's 'the media' causingbthe divide, but the media don't control TikTok where you have trans activists calling people -phobic just for having an opinion. JKR has not called for harm against any trans person - all she has done is supported a woman's right to safety by not allowing biological males into their spaces. But she is shouted down as phobic and a bigot - not by the media but by the public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

It's not that they don't have the same rights, it's that those rights you enjoy, are often violated against trans persons. Such as the right to be free from harassment.

So why are the trans folk always shouting about trans rights if they have the same rights as me?

Every single person walking the planet would like to be free from harassment, trans are no more special than anyone else are they?

What other rights are violated?

To be honest I couldn't give a hoot what people want to be, but don't expect me to call you something you are not. 

Why should other people accept and call them by their new chosen identity when the person demanding you do, was unable to accept theirs in the first place?  Sounds a bit like bullying...😉

The Trans movement is now becoming like a crazed religious sect and certain fractions are doing more harm than good.

Edited by Al Bundy

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

You joke, but some confused progressive would say yes.

i know its so sad that people can actually be taken seriously if they are a man and say they are a woman, that says more about our twisted society than anything else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

i know its so sad that people can actually be taken seriously if they are a man and say they are a woman, that says more about our twisted society than anything else.

And yet we have the nerve to tell other countries how they should live their lives!!!

🤡🤡

Edited by Al Bundy

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Can anyone tell me what rights, as a male, I have that a trans person doesn't?

Genuine question.

You can be absolutely sure, if you get locked up, you will have the privilege of going in a men's prison.

34 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

I think it's the first time I have ever agreed with you.

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You can be absolutely sure, if you get locked up, you will have the privilege of going in a men's prison.

I think it's the first time I have ever agreed with you.

Why would it be a privilege, as a man, to go into a men's prison?

Or am I missing something?