Relationship Between 'Culture War' Debates And Hate Crimes

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I know you're looking for trouble.

Snipped 

You know nothing of the sort.

You seem annoyed that relevant questions are being asked and you don't seem to have any answers. 

I've already agreed physical attacks are wrong and when asked you refuse to say what 'other hate crimes' you mean.

So I'll ask again.

What Other hate crimes?

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

You seem annoyed that relevant questions are being asked and you don't seem to have any answers. 

I've already agreed physical attacks are wrong and when asked you refuse to say what 'other hate crimes' you mean.

So I'll ask again.

What Other hate crimes?

Sophie Lancaster

A straight, white young girl who lost her life simply for being 'goth'. But, being white and straight and suffering a hate crime isn't news these days because... PRIVILEGE!

Granted it happened a few years ago, but i reckon it would barely even make a headline these days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Violent attacks are unquestionably abhorrent, of course.  I don't think anyone would suggest otherwise.

The venom on social media can easily translate to life outside the internet, as many a protest will attest: Police probe 'decapitate terfs' sign at trans rally

'Terfs' usually = women wanting to retain the right to single-sex spaces, like prisons, rape crisis centres etc and, for example, the right to same-sex provision of intimate care.

I don't think anyone sane would suggest otherwise. However in the past few years some of the media have been piling in on this debate, and highlighting the threats against J.K Rowling which are appalling. However they're not so keen to highlight the physical attacks against trans people.

Similarly with disabled people, the're quite happy to inflame the debate by calling then spongers, scroungers and workshy, but seem very coy about reporting the rise in attacks against disabled people and why that might be the case.

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

So I'll ask again.

What Other hate crimes?

You just admitted it here you were looking for trouble. That's how I know it.

18 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm not playing silly buggers, you threw your toys out the pram after finally answering my question. Own it.

My bold.

What 'other hate crimes'.?

You really aren't being clear and no, I'm looking for trouble. Just a clear definition of what you mean.

Why is this so difficult?

Other hate crimes which I have highlighted in the thread:

Hate Crimes against disabled people

Hate crimes against ethnic minorities during the Brexit debate.

Edited by Mister M

42 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I started a thread about the rise in hate crimes and culture wars, and you're having a go at me!

dont worry, some **** will be busy clicking the report button on your behalf, and they'll be gone in a flash

1 minute ago, fools said:

dont worry, some **** will be busy clicking the report button on your behalf, and they'll be gone in a flash

I've not been clicking any report button, and wouldn't want others to either.

57 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You just admitted it here you were looking for trouble. That's how I know it.

Other hate crimes which I have highlighted in the thread:

Hate Crimes against disabled people

Hate crimes against ethnic minorities during the Brexit debate.

Oh dear. That was clearly a typo 🙄

Underlined. 

There's that phrase again. 'Hate crime'.. 

Tell me what you mean by that because as I've already stated, Hate crime could mean anything from disagreeing with trans activists to stabbing someone up for what they are.

Be specific if you can. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Oh dear. That was clearly a typo 🙄

Underlined. 

There's that phrase again. 'Hate crime'.. 

Tell me what you mean by that because as I've already stated, Hate crime could mean anything from disagreeing with trans activists to stabbing someone up for what they are.

Be specific if you can. 

It's very straight forward. There is a legal definition for hate crime. It can be accessed on .gov.uk

23 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Just for clarification.

If a Sheffield Wednesday fan wearing a SWFC shirt went to a pub  full of Sheffield United fans and was verbally abused would this count as an hate crime ?

I don't know, I'm not a lawyer and I don't know if it has been tested in court.