Relationship Between 'Culture War' Debates And Hate Crimes

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

So given

I'm not part of the clique who would be so petty, I was referring to the persistent and repeated magic of posts and threads vanishing between now and 6.30 am. That's the way this place rocks nowadays.

7 minutes ago, fools said:

I'm not part of the clique who would be so petty, I was referring to the persistent and repeated magic of posts and threads vanishing between now and 6.30 am. That's the way this place rocks nowadays.

So per your post #79, 

"a mod will delete it shortly"

is as much use as a chocolate fireguard 😎

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

So per your post #79, 

"a mod will delete it shortly"

is as much use as a chocolate fireguard 😎

I have no idea what you are on about, or why you're trying to cause an argument over nothing, but that's the way lefties behave I suppose.

Edited by fools

7 minutes ago, fools said:

I have no idea what you are on about, or why you're trying to cause an argument over nothing, but that's the way lefties behave I suppose.

Like you said;

nevermind, a mod will delete it shortly"

😎

14 hours ago, Mister M said:

Well obviously the situation in Scotland was dreadful. But you can't judge a whole group of people on the actions of one individual. That would be like saying that because Harold Shipman was a mass murderer, and Harold Shipman was a G.P, therefore all G.Ps are mass murderers.

What's your opinion on the rise in attacks and abuse of trans people, which is what this thread is about?

I think there is a thread about trans people in sport.

My opinion is that it's awful.

Why do you think the hate crimes are on the rise?

I am guessing that certain types like this cretin who are fighting for the rights for children to decide if they can have surgery to change their gender isn't helping.  I guess child abuse is ok for the likes of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/24/montana-republicans-silence-transgender-lawmaker

Edited by Al Bundy

13 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

And they should be applauded for this..

Not vilified like they are... 

It's a strange old world..

They are applauded by the massive majority

It's only probably about 1% of the population who vilify it, and you will find that they all look alike.  Ugly, pink hair, no life etc etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

My opinion is that it's awful.

Why do you think the hate crimes are on the rise?

I am guessing that certain types like this cretin who are fighting for the rights for children to decide if they can have surgery to change their gender isn't helping.  I guess child abuse is ok for the likes of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/24/montana-republicans-silence-transgender-lawmaker

I think there is a correlation between attacks on vulnerable groups in society, such as disabled people, trans people, ethnic minorities and when hyped up political rhetoric, or events hitting the headlines occur.

That's what logic and the figures suggest.

I wonder what the motivations are of people willing to disbelieve that?

30 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think there is a correlation between attacks on vulnerable groups in society, such as disabled people, trans people, ethnic minorities and when hyped up political rhetoric, or events hitting the headlines occur.

That's what logic and the figures suggest.

I wonder what the motivations are of people willing to disbelieve that?

Most people don't 'disbelieve' that those people are victims of crime... but so are straight, white men; straight white women. Everyone is a victim of some sort of violence or persecution. The problem is that if you attempt to point out certain things, you're shouted down.

Look at the gang violence in places like London and parts of the US - black on black crime is rife! But to highlight that it's blacks killing blacks is racist... even if it's a black celebrity/journalist/politician saying it.

Again, i'll point out the hypocrisy around Meghan Markle and Calvin Robinson. Black people claim criticism of MM is racist, but they will call CR all the racist names under the sun because he dares to speak his mind and not be dictated to by the hive-mind. I don't even agree with everything he says as he's devoutly religious and i'm atheist, but i respect his right to his opinion and i feel he would respect mine if we discussed things in a civilised manner. But some sections of society just throw insults and close their ears to things they don't like, which doesn't get us anywhere.

• Like 3