Long Term Unemployed

13 minutes ago, Weazel2006 said:

I wish I could be happier, it's what I would like.

But when your a low life bum you don't get the girl,house or owt for that matter, I keep trying to get my head into it but old habits.

First of all - are you getting help from a Community Mental Health Team?

If you have been sectioned, as indicated in a previous post, then help is something that should be put in place.

You might feel like a low life bum, but how people feel about themselves is often not true. Especially if you're depressed. 

Like I said above be kind to yourself, and don't be afraid to ask your GP for help.

Edited by Mister M

With all that's gone off, marriage ending, losing home, not having a good work history, bad work ethic, limited understanding of money budgeting......I'm in a hospital bed after being on a motorway bridge, I have no memory of events surrounding my fall, apparently it's something called post traumatic amnesia.

I've been well cared for and am considering going to college then uni to become a registered nurse. If it happens is another wuestion

8 hours ago, Weazel2006 said:

With all that's gone off, marriage ending, losing home, not having a good work history, bad work ethic, limited understanding of money budgeting......I'm in a hospital bed after being on a motorway bridge, I have no memory of events surrounding my fall, apparently it's something called post traumatic amnesia.

I've been well cared for and am considering going to college then uni to become a registered nurse. If it happens is another wuestion

I'm pleased to hear that at least you're being cared for. 

Take any help that's offered to you, both in hospital, and upon discharge.

Nice to hear too that you're looking to the future. That's positive.

Some people who have gone through what you've gone through, go onto use those experiences to help others in similar circumstances. Which is very commendable.

However just know that nursing is a very demanding and stressful job, and people who have had one breakdown / depressive episode tend to be prone to more episodes. It's just a question of how well you're able to deal with stress and pressure. 

Have a word with the nurses where you are, and ask their opinion.

I have been talking with and observing them. The fact is I'm forty with little work ethic, I've been allowed to think I was ok as I was to the point it tore my mattiage to pieces.

Something has to give and thats the dillusion that life could be sd it was, no life is pain and struggle lies and false hopes. If you don't play the game of asset building your ****ed