Virgin Money Debit Card In Eu

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

My credit card doesn’t charge transaction fees for foreign currency purchases. My debit card does. 

So, when I’m abroad, I buy things on my credit card. I take cash out using my debit card (fee free). And I carry a Revolut card for small purchases where retailers don’t take cash.

Its very straightforward if you can be bothered to check things in advance.

Have you seen his latest clanger? Absolutely unbelievable.

2 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Its very straightforward

Yeah yeah the small print in banks conditions is straightforward.

Question for you, if the banks were up front about their fess why don't they mention the cash advance fee in the link (advertising the card) I pasted earlier ?

Come to that, if they were up front about their fees. why do you have to expand the transaction (in the Online statement) to see the Foreign Transaction Fee ?

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Question for you, if the banks were up front about their fess why don't they mention the cash advance fee in the link (advertising the card) I pasted earlier ?

Come to that, if they were up front about their fees. why do you have to expand the transaction (in the Online statement) to see the Foreign Transaction Fee ?

It's on the 2nd page, of 2, of the document they tell you to read before even applying.  In a neat little table. Banks aren't going to list the minuatae of every single charge they can levy in what is in essence a sales pitch on a website. 

A simple Yes or No will suffice: did you read the document before applying? 

And just admit you have now cocked up on multiple occasions. A business owner, ladies and gentlemen. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

18 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I logged on to my account, checked the terms for each card and then went on holiday.

I’m quite glad that they put a stupidity tax on foreign transactions. It keeps the costs down for the rest of us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

It isn't in the small print . The bank was up front about their fees for cash advances.

It is right there in the summary table next to a big bold and capitalised title "charges"

The summary table itself is under a big bold header that states "please read these important documents". 

How much more clear do you want?? Just admit it. Once again you failed to check. Failed to take any responsibility before you arrogantly blundered your way in and became liable for a charge.

To the majority of grown adults its well known that cash withdrawals on a credit card incurs a fee.  By its nature, a credit card is a facility to purchase items in advance and spread costs over instalment payments through an approved credit limit, it is not a live account with ready assets attached to it. Therefore, taking a cash advance is an additional service which thus incurs an additional fee. It is not bloody rocket science, it's a circumstance that's been in existence for decades. 

As for your nonsense about the portrayed burden of having to expand an entry to read the full details on your online statement, it's exactly the same reason why an item on Amazon has to be clicked on to see the full specification.  Most normal people don't need to be scrolling through thousands of pages of information all set out in a big lump on one screen. If they have a query on a specific point, they are sensible enough to understand they simply need to click on that item and read the information specific to that transaction or issue.  

If you really are so clueless as you continue to portray on here, maybe you need to admit you are simply incapable of managing your own financial affairs. Maybe get someone to deal with them for you.   You clearly can't cope.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

It isn't in the small print . The bank was up front about their fees for cash advances.

It is right there in the summary table next to a big bold and capitalised title "charges"

The summary table itself is under a big bold header that states "please read these important documents". 

How much more clear do you want?? Just admit it. Once again you failed to check. Failed to take any responsibility before you arrogantly blundered your way in and became liable for a charge.

To the majority of grown adults its well known that cash withdrawals on a credit card incurs a fee.  By its nature, a credit card is a facility to purchase items in advance and spread costs over instalment payments through an approved credit limit, it is not a live account with ready assets attached to it. Therefore, taking a cash advance is an additional service which thus incurs an additional fee. It is not bloody rocket science, it's a circumstance that's been in existence for decades. 

As for your nonsense about the portrayed burden of having to expand an entry to read the full details on your online statement, it's exactly the same reason why an item on Amazon has to be clicked on to see the full specification.  Most normal people don't need to be scrolling through thousands of pages of information all set out in a big lump on one screen. If they have a query on a specific point, they are sensible enough to understand they simply need to click on that item and read the information specific to that transaction or issue.  

If you really are so clueless as you continue to portray on here, maybe you need to admit you are simply incapable of managing your own financial affairs. Maybe get someone to deal with them for you.   You clearly can't cope.

Thats not a bad idea at the end there. Does he know someone in his family who could help him out? Dunno, maybe a 10 year old who does advanced algebra?