Bank Of England Says People Need To Accept They Are Poorer

On 02/05/2023 at 20:27, Jack Grey said:

You know what's great about billionaires

They inspire more people to he billionaires

With out billionaires we wouldn't have mortgages, Amazon, Facebook. Instagram, WhatsApp, Oil, SpaceEx, Starlink etc etc 

Are you still with us?

On 02/05/2023 at 20:27, Jack Grey said:

You know what's great about billionaires

They inspire more people to he billionaires

With out billionaires we wouldn't have mortgages, Amazon, Facebook. Instagram, WhatsApp, Oil, SpaceEx, Starlink etc etc 

• 1 month later...
On 05/05/2023 at 13:18, Annie Bynnol said:

Your figures are four years out of date, mine are the latest. 'taxation'  are talking about Income Tax only in reality your '30%' shrinks dramatically when the whole tax burden is considered.

£225bn from Income tax. Varying the rates and thresholds has benefitted the highest earners and cost the low and middle earners.

£161bn VAT at 20% is paid by everybody on nearly everything purchased.

£143bn in NIC at 12% for working people and 2% for billionaires.

Dozens of other taxes have increased for middle earners such as Student Loan, Inheritance Tax, Council Tax(support reduction) etc.

The  disposable income of working people has dropped significantly compared to the top earners. 

An annual cut in wages by the Tories have been the norm for 15 years on the trot for millions.

The wage cuts, Income Tax rise, the VAT rise and the NI rise, have had disproportional effect on low and middle earners l and has a far greater impact on children, retired and those on lower incomes.

We all know in this country that your '300 000' have benefited while the rest of us shoulder the increasing burden of Tory policies over the last decade. 

I was reading that May 2023 government debt payment was over £7 billion, which equates to payments of £90+ billion per year spent on debt interest.

Not sure if I have mentioned this in the past but people seem to forget that in the past interest rates were as high as 15%, and when you have a house that is worth £26,000 and you only earn £12,000 per annum. let me tell you its hard

And if you went to the bank and asked for a mortgage more than 3 times your salary, then the bank manager said "no I don't think so sunshine"

12 minutes ago, rogets said:

Not sure if I have mentioned this in the past but people seem to forget that in the past interest rates were as high as 15%, and when you have a house that is worth £26,000 and you only earn £12,000 per annum. let me tell you its hard

And if you went to the bank and asked for a mortgage more than 3 times your salary, then the bank manager said "no I don't think so sunshine"

The BBC's More or Less programme covered that recently. They concluded that 6% interest with the current relative mortgage sizes (at higher salary multiples) is roughly as hard for people to deal with as 15% interest was with previous mortgage sizes (at lower salary multiples).

24 minutes ago, rogets said:

Wife's earnings not taken into consideration, 10% deposit required.