Bank Of England Says People Need To Accept They Are Poorer

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

There are not many people in this country who are hungry, and even fewer who are hungry but don't also smoke, or run a car, or drink, or have Sky TV etc etc

Cold yes maybe. But I though you environmental zealots wanted very expensive energy so as to help meet "nett zero" ? Because, make no mistake, that is the only way you will do it.

You seem to be well informed but your claims are opposite to those on the BBC news.  Can you explain that?

As for smoking, drinking etc, Have you done a survey of these people and how did you know who they were?

Guessing as usual.

People are not cold because of "net zero" but because of world energy prices.

No one, environmentalist or not wants "expensive energy" they want "Clean" energy, which is cheaper than nuclear for instance.

54 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The Governor of the Bank of England has said similar.

But people tend to follow their leaders, the Government need to spell it out, Brexit has cost us 20%, the Ukraine war has cost us 20% and COVID has cost us 60%

They still need to set out a plan, the NHS can have a inflation pay rise, everyone else half of inflation. How would that plan work?

Is there a break down of those figures linked to a source? 

I'd be interested in reading further. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You seem to be well informed but your claims are opposite to those on the BBC news.  Can you explain that?

As for smoking, drinking etc, Have you done a survey of these people and how did you know who they were?

Guessing as usual.

People are not cold because of "net zero" but because of world energy prices.

No one, environmentalist or not wants "expensive energy" they want "Clean" energy, which is cheaper than nuclear for instance.

Wrong . They want energy , clean or not.

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Wrong . They want energy , clean or not.

Wrong.  Chekhov was talking about the energy that the "environmental zealots"  want - so I was talking about them too.

Edited by Organgrinder

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Wrong.  Chekhov was talking about the energy that the "environmental zealots"  want - so I was talking about them too.

“ them too “ Who are the others that demand clean energy , not just energy? 

56 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

That’s impossible, my parents would never have produced something so stupid.

Is that it then ?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

“ them too “ Who are the others that demand clean energy , not just energy? 

Chekhov was talking about the energy that the "environmental zealots"  want - so I was also talking about the energy that the  "environmental zealots"   want too.

Environmental zealots just want clean energy and I am saying also, that  it need not be the most expensive option.

It's not just financial insecurity, but the mental insecurity.

Everyone seems to be suffering from a kind of universal depression. There doesn't seem to be much hope out there, and not much to look forward to. So many problems, so few solutions. Everything's changed overnight, mostly for the worst.

Is this an unspoken side effect of Covid? 

• Like 1