Attercliffe People

Wattsy

I am married to a June Lawson who lived on the railway cottages down the cliffe and who went to firth park school as well, we live at heeley

hi Daftlad

ask her if she remembers me,(Cheryl)

she should do.We knocked about together,

I lived in Newton terrace the back yard at the side of st barts church,

my grandad was caretaker of the church,

my nan lived across the road, just down from Jacksons chip shop.

I have a younger sister Gail.

ask her if she remembers fighting with me? :hihi:

We used to play marbles in the grate's at school

my nan used to come passed everyday with some chocolate

every play time..on her way to banners shopping no wonder i was fat.lol

Didn't June go away to be a child carer.?

I can remember walking up broughton lane now to the cottages.

I was friends with another girl on there called Valerie Monday

lived across from June i believe.

hi Daftlad

ask her if she remembers me,(Cheryl)

she should do.We knocked about together,

I lived in Newton terrace the back yard at the side of st barts church,

my grandad was caretaker of the church,

my nan lived across the road, just down from Jacksons chip shop.

I have a younger sister Gail.

ask her if she remembers fighting with me? :hihi:

We used to play marbles in the grate's at school

my nan used to come passed everyday with some chocolate

every play time..on her way to banners shopping no wonder i was fat.lol

Didn't June go away to be a child carer.?

I can remember walking up broughton lane now to the cottages.

I was friends with another girl on there called Valerie Monday

lived across from June i believe.

Yes she does know you and she remembers fighting with you, and the other names mentioned in your post. She also remembers Malcolm Sockett who we believe to be a policeman nowsomewhere in the north east.

June did her nursing qualifications and went th the cheltenham area where she was nanny to lord and lady aird.

We live near Brian walsh whose family lived in that area to

us three still together ; alec , gary jones and kenny , still hanging around together .

Is that alec. we all used to knock about down cliffe ,footie on rec swimming in cut all went up to hatfield house.remember fighting with your eric in playground and your older bro. was it owen,given me a right sortin.but me and eric got on fine. met kenny few years back in ball at ecclesfield.

Is that alec. we all used to knock about down cliffe ,footie on rec swimming in cut all went up to hatfield house.remember fighting with your eric in playground and your older bro. was it owen,given me a right sortin.but me and eric got on fine. met kenny few years back in ball at ecclesfield.

Just done some checking and its kenny not alec.

hi rosalee, I can still picture Kenny flying down the wing leaving opposing defenders tackling thin air, would you mind asking Kenny if he is still in contact with any of the lads from The Royal ie - The Henshaws,Burls,Clarkey,Beechy,Boothy,Ray H etc. ?

Hi Redrum its me Kenny , dont know if you know about Spot and Gyppo they both passed away now . Ive seen Burls living at Ecclesfield , Boothy still goes in the club up manor, I see Gudgy in the crown at Brightside by the way Im not playing footy anymore . Twiggy married someone from wales , hes living down there . Jimmy and Pete Henshaw still getting about not seen Beechy for a long time. Do you know Mick Wilding he had a heart bypass . Not seen Jonny Rains about but saw Dave Clark at spots funeral. How are you anyway hope you keeping ok had some good times at Royal .Hope to see you sometime when you decide to come back to Sheffield. We`re all BLADES arn`t we? :thumbsup:

Hi Redrum its me Kenny , dont know if you know about Spot and Gyppo they both passed away now . Ive seen Burls living at Ecclesfield , Boothy still goes in the club up manor, I see Gudgy in the crown at Brightside by the way Im not playing footy anymore . Twiggy married someone from wales , hes living down there . Jimmy and Pete Henshaw still getting about not seen Beechy for a long time. Do you know Mick Wilding he had a heart bypass . Not seen Jonny Rains about but saw Dave Clark at spots funeral. How are you anyway hope you keeping ok had some good times at Royal .Hope to see you sometime when you decide to come back to Sheffield. We`re all BLADES arn`t we? :thumbsup:

Hi Kenny, Hope you and your family are all well, I knew about Gyppo but didn't know about Spot, hope Mick(midfield dynamo) is coping allright after his op. The last time I saw John, Jimmy and Pete was at The League Cup Final at Wembley in 91. (most of us are Owls arn't we?) The Royal weren't the best team in the league but full of characters, we would turn up every Sunday morning all with hangovers but give 100% and enjoy every minute of it. I'll be up in Sheffield sometime in the next few months, I'll pm you and arrange a meet and buy you a few beers.

anyone remember me playing for the Royal in goals (flying Pig was my nickname ) I played same time as Kenny Ball,Malc and Ray Johnson,Roy Burly, Dave Clark. Pete and Jimmy Henshaw live round the corner from me

Archived