Fargate To Be Ripped Up

38 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

I’d be surprised if you could remember what your arguments are. You certainly can’t remember what you put in your last post.

You have no valid arguments. You can’t back up your assertions.

now you're just posting gibberish. My assertion that you decided to try and pull apart was that if parking was easy and free more people would visit. No-one can argue against that, so why are you even attempting it

as for remembering, we've had this discussion before, so it's surprising given that and your claimed experience in these areas, that you still don't apparently know that you can get free parking in other towns.

Edited by fools

6 hours ago, Planner1 said:

I’m not aware of any city or town of any significance in the uk that offers plentiful free parking.

are you going to quibble about the word plentiful next? Or argue that Rotherham/Barnsley aren't significant.

Edited by fools

33 minutes ago, fools said:

now you're just posting gibberish.

you still don't apparently know that you can get free parking in other towns.

Nope. I leave that to you.

Some other places have free parking in the evening and weekends. Sheffield has free parking in council spaces after 8.30pm. But I know of no town or city of any significance in the UK that doesn’t charge for parking at all.

When you start bemoaning the lack of free parking in a place without any other indication of when you mean, people will naturally tend to think you mean parking being generally free, not just at certain times. 

34 minutes ago, fools said:

are you going to quibble about the word plentiful next? Or argue that Rotherham/Barnsley aren't significant.

Rotherham and Barnsley are market towns less than half the size of Sheffield in terms of population. They are not reasonable comparisons to Sheffield.

2 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Nope. I leave that to you.

Some other places have free parking in the evening and weekends. Sheffield has free parking in council spaces after 8.30pm. But I know of no town or city of any significance in the UK that doesn’t charge for parking at all.

When you start bemoaning the lack of free parking in a place without any other indication of when you mean, people will naturally tend to think you mean parking being generally free, not just at certain times. 

you're all over the place

so other places do have free parking now. well done, you've started an argument for nothing.

you chose to introduce meaning to words that weren't there, perhaps read more carefully before trolling

5 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Rotherham and Barnsley are market towns less than half the size of Sheffield in terms of population. They are not reasonable comparisons to Sheffield.

predictable

you are not in a position to decide what is a reasonable comparison, you introduced other places into the discussion by claiming they don't exist. They have nothing to do with the assertion you are desperately trying to pull apart.

Edited by fools

20 minutes ago, fools said:

They have nothing to do with the assertion you are desperately trying to pull apart.

Perhaps being clearer in your assertion might help.  Remembering what you wrote in your previous post might be good too…. 

25 minutes ago, fools said:

predictable

you are not in a position to decide what is a reasonable comparison, you introduced other places into the discussion by claiming they don't exist. They have nothing to do with the assertion you are desperately trying to pull apart.

Accurate.

Market towns are different to major cities. If you want to make comparisons, compare things that are similar. Go find a major city where the council don’t charge for parking on a Saturday ( or Sunday for that matter).

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

Perhaps being clearer in your assertion might help.  Remembering what you wrote in your previous post might be good too…. 

This assertion is the one you are trolling, 

"If the draw was better, and parking was easier and free, more people would visit. "

It's meaning couldn't be any clearer, any simpler, any less obvious.

why you are still babbling on about market towns and poundland branches, is beyond me. It has nothing whatsoever to do with my point.

bought a cargo bike yet?

Edited by fools

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

Do you think Rotherham has a better town centre than Sheffield ?

I don't think either have pet shops.

That's likely because retail habits have changed and people go to the larger places like Pets At Home and Cookes now, which are on retail parks generally. Same can be said for other things (buying a sofa, buying a TV etc). 

The last pet shop I was aware of within the Sheffield inner ring road was one near the bottom of The Moor. Maybe going back 10 years here. It wasn't very nice. It's now a cafe. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, fools said:

This assertion is the one you are trolling, 

"If the draw was better, and parking was easier and free, more people would visit. "

It's meaning couldn't be any clearer, any simpler, any less obvious.

why you are still babbling on about market towns and poundland branches, is beyond me. It has nothing whatsoever to do with my point.

bought a cargo bike yet?

So anyone who responds to your posts with a contrary view is a troll. I see. 

Yes you made a general statement, which, taken at face value,  which in my view, most people would take to mean free parking all the time, not just one one particular day.

Market towns -  you specifically mentioned two of them in your argument. 

Poundland - you specifically mentioned the pound shop in your argument. 

Still can’t remember what you wrote, can you. 

What has cargo bikes got to do with anything we’ve been discussing? 

9 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

So anyone who responds to your posts with a contrary view is a troll. I see. 

Yes you made a general statement, which, taken at face value,  which in my view, most people would take to mean free parking all the time, not just one one particular day.

Market towns -  you specifically mentioned two of them in your argument. 

Poundland - you specifically mentioned the pound shop in your argument. 

Still can’t remember what you wrote, can you. 

What has cargo bikes got to do with anything we’ve been discussing? 

I presume he was referring to the "plant pots" blocking some roads to traffic.