Promotion To The Premier League

Sheridan1-0

Credit where it’s due …fantastic achievement by Paul Heckingbottom getting United back into the Premier League despite all the shenanigans in the background…he deserves all the accolades coming his way …

But I hope you come straight back down next season 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Credit where it’s due …fantastic achievement by Paul Heckingbottom getting United back into the Premier League despite all the shenanigans in the background…he deserves all the accolades coming his way …

But I hope you come straight back down next season 😂

Four seasons at least before we're back in the Championship nailed on you heard it here first.

Hi all, I love reading this section but I was born & brought up in London so I am a Gooner (and was crying into my beer after last night's steamrolling)  so don't really contribute much.

I've lived in Sheffield for a couple of decades now and my local footballing allegiance is 100% United so the bright point of yesterday was hearing that the Blades had been promoted. Just here to say well done! It's a fantastic achievement.  I hope you get the ownership you deserve and remodel yourselves into a team that can become established in the PL. I think Hecky has done a quite incredible job personally.

UTB!

• Like 3

Our only hope of achieving a long term stay in the Premier League is by continuing to develop our Academy and retaining the players produced for longer than we've managed previously.

At the recent International Final between England and Italy there were four ex United academy players in the squad, two on the pitch and two on the bench.

Obviously we are doing something right,  we need to keep on improving that side of the clubs operations.

Throwing daft money at it simply will not work. Other than those clubs owned by billionaires or corporations or country's trying to compete in the transfer market is both useless and financially damaging. That's not the way it should be in a 'sport ' but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Our Academy has produced some good players and our scouting system appears to be efficient. Iliman Ndiaye in terms of sheer skill is one of the best we've had for some time and we got him from Boreham Wood reserves!

It's not going to be easy next season and we need to strengthen the squad but we'll give it a go, and right now let's just enjoy the moment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Our only hope of achieving a long term stay in the Premier League is by continuing to develop our Academy and retaining the players produced for longer than we've managed previously.

At the recent International Final between England and Italy there were four ex United academy players in the squad, two on the pitch and two on the bench.

Obviously we are doing something right,  we need to keep on improving that side of the clubs operations.

Throwing daft money at it simply will not work. Other than those clubs owned by billionaires or corporations or country's trying to compete in the transfer market is both useless and financially damaging. That's not the way it should be in a 'sport ' but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Our Academy has produced some good players and our scouting system appears to be efficient. Iliman Ndiaye in terms of sheer skill is one of the best we've had for some time and we got him from Boreham Wood reserves!

It's not going to be easy next season and we need to strengthen the squad but we'll give it a go, and right now let's just enjoy the moment.

Agree with all that. You could do a forest and blow 150 million on players and still be in the relegation spots. You will need players that's for sure but throwing money at it isn't the answer. Youth would be the best way if there are any capable ones but it's not easy bringing youngsters into a relegation scrap.

If Wednesday get there I wouldn't want us to throw huge sums of money at it.

55 minutes ago, m williamson said:

As you state the issue hasn't been finding players it's been keeping them, unless you get a takeover I can't see that situation changing, it would be good to see a side competing at the top level with home grown players but the pressures of trying to stay in the Prem leads to Forest style splurges.