Promotion To The Premier League

Sheridan1-0

The Correct step towards PL football is simply Balance....The Forest approach has never boded well....and to be honest i'm surprised that Cooper allowed it to happen (that said i'm not overly sure that Cooper had much say in any of it).

I am more than happy to go down the grafter route again and ride it out. Once again we enter the league with a degree of 'core', but this will have to be complimented with some new blood.

Sustainability like always is a major key. Invest pro-actively, but never the less sensibly. We've made some solid ventures into the international market of late.... so why not continue those avenue of enquiry? There is no value what so ever in this country......BUT not wholesale, not Forest style.

23 minutes ago, m williamson said:

The main problem with trying to keep them is the wages offered by  Big clubs and agents wanting them to move so they get their commission. 

What can be done about it? If another club offers double or triple the wages of a player what is a non billionaire owned club supposed to do? If they offer to match the salary they'll have a queue of their players agents lining up outside the CEOs door demanding the same.

The Big clubs can afford to hoover up any outstanding talent coming through and don't even bother playing some of them. Loan them out and get a contribution to the wage bill and at the same time weaken the squad of the club they bought them from.

Life's never been fair and in the cut throat business that footballs turned into it most definitely isn't.

This is true and very difficult to combat, the billionaire owned clubs are way too dominant and the PL is happy as it keep them handsomely in TV revenue, its sad that the games gone this way, half decent sides promoted from the 2nd tier used to be able to compete, now there's very little chance and edging the top 10 is about the best most can hope for.

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

This is true and very difficult to combat, the billionaire owned clubs are way too dominant and the PL is happy as it keep them handsomely in TV revenue, its sad that the games gone this way, half decent sides promoted from the 2nd tier used to be able to compete, now there's very little chance and edging the top 10 is about the best most can hope for.

Top 17 will do me, sad but the truth is we're most likely going to be cannon fodder.

It's wierd how you want your club to succeed and getting to the Premier is the biggest prize bit also a poisoned chalice leading to a season of misery.

I still think we'll be there for at least four seasons this time though.

2 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Top 17 will do me, sad but the truth is we're most likely going to be cannon fodder.

It's wierd how you want your club to succeed and getting to the Premier is the biggest prize bit also a poisoned chalice leading to a season of misery.

I still think we'll be there for at least four seasons this time though.

Autumn, winter, spring and summer? 😂😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Monkesreturn said:

The Correct step towards PL football is simply Balance....The Forest approach has never boded well....and to be honest i'm surprised that Cooper allowed it to happen (that said i'm not overly sure that Cooper had much say in any of it).

I am more than happy to go down the grafter route again and ride it out. Once again we enter the league with a degree of 'core', but this will have to be complimented with some new blood.

Sustainability like always is a major key. Invest pro-actively, but never the less sensibly. We've made some solid ventures into the international market of late.... so why not continue those avenue of enquiry? There is no value what so ever in this country......BUT not wholesale, not Forest style.

Cannon fodder monkes and there's nobody looking more forward to it that me, i'll be all over it.

6 hours ago, top4718 said:

Brighton are a model to clubs outside the elite, strong defence and young quick direct skillful players infront that burst into opponents half of the field and have options around them, bought for 4/5M and sold on at huge profits.

Its like the the brentford system, but theyve took it up a few notches, identified the opportunity, brought in the right analysts and refined it down to a fine art. They may lose a couple or 3 of their young starlets but make 250M profit, with another 2or 3 replacements lined up for 15M. And all the while reaping the benefits the players bring while theyre theirs to move the club closer to the euro spots.

Bloody smart business by their owner

Edited by staninoodle

8 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Brighton are a model to clubs outside the elite, strong defence and young quick direct skillful players infront that burst into opponents half of the field and have options around them, bought for 4/5M and sold on at huge profits.

Its like the the brentford system, but theyve took it up a few notches, identified the opportunity, brought in the right analysts and refined it down to a fine art. They may lose a couple or 3 of their young starlets but make 250M profit, with another 2or 3 replacements lined up for 15M. And all the while reaping the benefits the players bring while theyre their to move the club closer to the euro spots.

Bloody smart business by their owner

You really have to hand it to clubs like Brighton and Brentford, this really should be the way forward for clubs.