Promotion To The Premier League

Sheridan1-0

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

You really have to hand it to clubs like Brighton and Brentford, this really should be the way forward for clubs.

Brentford have been a model club for a long time , Going through the leagues always playing good football , The best team I have seen at Hillsbro  for years.

And just to save the play ground stuff , I know it will probably be years before they are here again .

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Brentford have been a model club for a long time , Going through the leagues always playing good football , The best team I have seen at Hillsbro  for years.

And just to save the play ground stuff , I know it will probably be years before they are here again .

Completely agree about Brentford they are a fine example of how to go about it. The thing being that they had a disadvantage which was also an advantage to them in managing that.

Their disadvantage being that they were a small club with a small ground. The advantage being that as that was the case their supporters didn't have overinflated ideas as to where they should be in the football world.

Good luck to them they did it well, and as you say they play really good football.

16 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Completely agree about Brentford they are a fine example of how to go about it. The thing being that they had a disadvantage which was also an advantage to them in managing that.

Their disadvantage being that they were a small club with a small ground. The advantage being that as that was the case their supporters didn't have overinflated ideas as to where they should be in the football world.

Good luck to them they did it well, and as you say they play really good football.

You’re right. The Brighton/Brentford business model is the best route to go down for a club the size of the Blades.

Buy young players with potential, develop them and sell them on to the big boys .

it’s a bit of a sad state of affairs but it’s the best way to progress in the medium term 

12 minutes ago, atticus said:

You’re right. The Brighton/Brentford business model is the best route to go down for a club the size of the Blades.

Buy young players with potential, develop them and sell them on to the big boys .

it’s a bit of a sad state of affairs but it’s the best way to progress in the medium term 

Wimbledon did it years ago.

Edited by Alextopman

2 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Wimbledon did it years ago.

They did, and it worked well for ages.

if you cash in on your best players you are accused of being a selling club with no ambition ,but in reality  there’s only a handful of clubs that can afford not to do this  .

• 1 month later...

According to all the experts the Premier League will be dominated by just two teams next season....

Manchester City and Manchester United.

In my opinion this is unfair, I think we all know that the Blades will struggle, so how about the Football Association leveling things up to make it more interesting....

I've got a workable idea.

Why don't the FA work out a formula based on a clubs finances  to determine how big the goalmouths should be.

This would mean that when a rich club played a less well of club such as the Blades, then the Blades would be aiming at a goal the size of Yorkshire, while the Mancs would be trying to get the ball through what was basically a letter box.......

Obviously, I'm exaggerating a tad, A few inches either way should be enough to level the playing field..

Rich owners could then continue to field great teams playing great football.

But the result!

Deliciously, it could go either way..

Then- and this is my little twist- if its 0-0 at half time, the second half should be played with two balls on the pitch at the same time.

Oh, and finally, if this doesn't work, anyone appearing for a team with Manchester in the title must play while wearing a bag on his head.

Come on the FA. make the game more interesting.