Do Irish And Traveller People Experience Racism?

19 minutes ago, crookesey said:

They are part of the Human Race, as are any claimants of ancestry to any origin.

Evasion attempt number 1.

Do they experience racism due to being Irish and/or Travellers?

6 minutes ago, Axe said:

They experience discrimination. 

Is it racial discrimination?

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

who cares its all the same if you discriminate, black, white, yellow, catholic, muslim, fat, thin , gay , they  what ever !

8 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Is it racial discrimination?

What am I evading, DA is a fool? If you’re interested why not track some down and ask them? I’m part Irish but don’t feel qualified to answer. 

Edited by crookesey

34 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Or do you agree with Diane Abbott?.

Do Irish And Traveller People Experience Racism?

Probably, somewhere.

If you mean Do Irish And Traveller People Experience Racism in this country?

I don't know but I do know that some people dislike travellers because of their conduct not just because they are travellers. 

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

What am I evading, DA is a fool? If you’re

interested why not track some down and ask them? I’m part Irish but don’t feel qualified to answer. 

Ditto. In fact my Irish relatives were travellers. When I mentioned this at school (we were doing a family tree thing if memory serves) I got a fair amount of stick for a few years. I wouldn't necessarily class that as Racism though. 

The reason I'm interested is that some people deny that Jewishness is a race. They will point out that there are white Jews and Black Jews, European Jews and African Jews, and say 'well how can it be a race then?'. I disagree with that, partly because if a group of people are perceived as a race and persecuted or discriminated against on that basis, then that is effectively racism. So then the same should apply to Irish people and Travellers, even though you could argue that they are an ethnicity rather than a race.

I'm also interested in it because there are lots of people up in arms about what Diane Abbott has said (rightly, imo) but who are at best tolerant of anti-Irish and anti-Traveller racism.