The Heritage Party

8 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

That lot is small change compared to what the government spent during Covid, and I seem to remember you were more than happy for that humungous waste of money to continue for as long as it did :

If you have any evidence that I was ever of that opinion please provide it. 

This is the second time you have made such an unsubstantiated claims about opinions I don't hold.

14 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh boo hoo.

It was "the many" who voted and clearly told Corbyn to shove off with his deluded ideas of what he thought they wanted.   The people spoke and Corbyn gave Labour their second worst defeat in a century. 

Get the message.  

That doesn't alter the fact that both parties are now virtually the same so what's the point of voting? 

Democracy is a sham for the gullible who think their vote makes a difference.

Edited by Anna B

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

That doesn't alter the fact that both parties are now virtually the same so what's the point of voting? 

Democracy is a sham for the gullible, who think their vote makes a difference.

Oh don't be starting with all that crap.

Last time I checked there are more than two parties on a ballot paper.  Even our insignificant local election has more than just red and blue options. 

So, if people are as desperate and hungry for this revolutionary change as you keep making out why are they not voting for them??

Why is it the people aren't interested in whatever these revolutionary, disruptive alternative parties are arrogantly suggesting they need.  They have just as much opportunity to promote and persuade and push their agendas and get their votes as much as anyone else but keep failing. 

Why don't you stop blaming the system and start blaming the obvious fact that what your lot are selling the people aren't buying.  Its very clear what the failure is here if you pull your head out the sand and get over your Corbyn was robbed delusions.  

You want to win the public votes?  do better.

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh don't be starting with all that crap.

Last time I checked there are more than two parties on a ballot paper.  Even our insignificant local election has more than just red and blue options. 

So, if people are as desperate and hungry for this revolutionary change as you keep making out why are they're not voting for them??

Why is it the people aren't interested in whatever these revolutionary, disruptive alternative parties are arrogantly suggesting they need.  They have just as much opportunity to promote and persuade and push their agendas and get their votes as much as anyone else but keep failing. 

Why don't you stop blaming the system and start blaming the obvious fact that what your lot are selling the people aren't buying.  Is very clear what the failure is here if you pull your head out the sand and get over your Corbyn was robbed. delusions.  

I think most people do not want to rock the boat too much and so stick with what they know or think that if they do not vote for one of the main parties their vote is wasted.

29 minutes ago, Anna B said:

That, my friends, is what being thoroughly ensnared in ideology looks like. 

How anyone can look at the corruption, cronyism and rank fetidness of the Tories, especially after Johnson and Truss and now this slick banker, and say that Starmer's attempts to make Labour electable again is equivalent is utterly beyond me. 

Corbyn's gone, thank all the gods, and Labour, though far from perfect, might actually stand a chance again.

1 minute ago, Hecate said:

That, my friends, is what being thoroughly ensnared in ideology looks like. 

How anyone can look at the corruption, cronyism and rank fetidness of the Tories, especially after Johnson and Truss and now this slick banker, and say that Starmer's attempts to make Labour electable again is equivalent is utterly beyond me. 

Corbyn's gone, thank all the gods, and Labour, though far from perfect, might actually stand a chance again.

If they don’t do it this time, they may as well pack up .

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

If they don’t do it this time, they may as well pack up .

They need to hoover up the Corbyn acolytes, get their messaging sorted on women's rights, and decide whether pandering to the youth vote at the expense of traditional, older Labour voters is the way forward.  The Tories are going to go all out on the 'culture war' this time around, much as the Republicans are doing in the US, and Labour are still walking right into easily avoidable bear traps.

Starmer acted admirably quickly on the Abbott thing.  He needs to keep that up.

Bit OT this, so back to the thread: at least they're not as loony as the Heritage Party though, eh?

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

It makes a massive difference if you are rich and have more than a million in your pension. Hunt removed the one million tax advantage, so now tax free money can go into a pension, whilst average pensioners with income above the personal allowance will pay tax.

Just relaying a complaint from a 96 year old, that has never paid tax before on his works pension.

42 minutes ago, El Cid said:

It makes a massive difference if you are rich and have more than a million in your pension. Hunt removed the one million tax advantage, so now tax free money can go into a pension, whilst average pensioners with income above the personal allowance will pay tax.

Just relaying a complaint from a 96 year old, that has never paid tax before on his works pension.

I'm curious how? Both my mother and father paid tax on their private pensions and they certainly didn't have anything near millionaire level funds.  

What tax advantage or scheme did you reap the benefit of up to this point?

Edited by ECCOnoob