Local Elections 2023

15 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Leaflets and visit from the Green Party.

They are really putting some effort into getting elected.

If this lot  (Sheffield Greens) are as good as those in Brighton, gawd help us. They unfortunately got in as the current Labour council had to resign en masse, and immediately turned the place into a dump, as well as destroying a site of ecological importance - to create a cycle path in an area where even the locals don't cycle, for reasons of its deserved reputation.

It must be the season, we have local elections too coming up here in Lux.

This morning’s haul: green and CSV leaflets and, unexpectedly, a full copy of country’s Constitution (high gsm, bound, quite high quality) from our Parliament.

CSV guy looks too much like my soon-to-be-ex boss, so recycling. Same with the greens, just a load of well-greyed OAPs.

IMG-0179.jpg

10 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

I had 2 one from Domino’s and one from a Chinese restaurant.

You would be better off voting for either of them,   then at least you will get something to eat and not starve with the added bonus of hypothermia if you voted Tory.  :gag:

1 hour ago, horribleblob said:

The conservative conmen certainly don't miss many tricks.

That's like introducing voting identification which will put of the young mainly and the young ones  tend to vote Labour.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Most of the young will have photo Id.

More young people don't vote in the first place and young people are more easily put off by red tape ( and can find probably better and more fun things to do )

1 hour ago, fools said:

the naivety of youth eh, where did you go wrong

You should know

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

More young people don't vote in the first place and young people are more easily put off by red tape ( and can find probably better and more fun things to do )

You should know

Why is it red tape if they already have it ? why would the Government change it, if the young don’t vote in the first place ? Your argument doesn’t stand up .

14 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why is it red tape if they already have it ? why would the Government change it, if the young don’t vote in the first place ? Your argument doesn’t stand up .

I'm not arguing.   I didn't tell them to change it and I haven't asked them why. They say it's to stop voter fraud.    I didn't decide the policy,  the politicians did.

The Tories think it gives them an advantage and Labour thinks it works against them.

Ask them why