Grappling/Ground Fighting in Sheffield

First of all I would like to thank Paul for looking after my classes over the last month while I was taking a break, well done mate!:thumbsup:

Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is now offering regular gi and no-gi classes as well as the opportunity to train with a world champion black belt on a regular basis.

Monday classes will be run by Paul and will be a Gi class from 6 till 7.30.

Wednesday classes will be taken by my self and will be no-gi/sub wrestling from 6 till 8.

Sunday class will be taken by me one week with a mixture of drilling techniques and sparring, gi and no-gi. Then on the next week the class will be taken by Legarto on his return from the Mundials (one of the biggest bjj comps in the world) and Sem. Both Gracie Barra black belts awarded by Carlos Gracie jn and world champs!!!!

The classes taken by myself and Paul will now only cost 3.50:o and the black belt class will be 12 pound.

It is mine and Paul’s hope that the reduction in the cost of our classes will make it easier for everyone to afford to train with a black belt and have classes to practice at.

Thanks

John

The gi is one of these http://www.brazilianfightwear.com/store/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?shopper_id=717174354437171&Store_id=117&page_id=23&Item_ID=1356 (there are cheaper ones than that!)

But if you don't have one, just don't worry about it - I think we train without it more often than with it (which suits me fine, especially in this weather!). If you get really into it then it might be good to have one at some point. Shorts and tshirt is the apparel of choice to start with though.

Edit: Oh, just read that again - Monday gi, Wednesday no gi. Again, if you don't have one it doesn't matter too much or someone might be able to lend you one for the gi classes at first though. Otherwise you should be able to get an unbranded judo gi for about 25-30 pounds.

Archived