Great Exposure For The City

Just watched a really good promo spot for the city while watching the Snooker ( from three and a half thousand miles away) . It really did shine a light on what the modern Sheffield is about, aspires to be. Felt it touched on all the right things. Comments from the presenters on how much the city has changed for the better over the last twenty years. I will be over next week for ten days( to catch the last Owls league game of the season). I usually visit 2/3 times a year and can say the City, in my opinion, seems to be moving in the right direction, long may it continue.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fredderick said:

You really don’t understand what this forum is all about do you? Don’t go coming on here with your reasonableness and positivity 

Aye exactly, you can't park outside the Lyceum anymore, the city is doomed! Doomed I tell you! 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Aye exactly, you can't park outside the Lyceum anymore, the city is doomed! Doomed I tell you! 

Yes thats disgraceful Oh And the rumour is  caz IS being extended as I predicted. It will now include evey road in Sheffield including private land and people's drives. Sheffield is a hole despite what lies this glossy, probably very expensive promo tries to push.....

Don't get me started on Sheffield becoming a 15 minute city either :rant:

1 hour ago, PAT THE CHEF said:

Just watched a really good promo spot for the city while watching the Snooker ( from three and a half thousand miles away) . It really did shine a light on what the modern Sheffield is about, aspires to be. Felt it touched on all the right things. Comments from the presenters on how much the city has changed for the better over the last twenty years. I will be over next week for ten days( to catch the last Owls league game of the season). I usually visit 2/3 times a year and can say the City, in my opinion, seems to be moving in the right direction, long may it continue.

Watching it now. Why the empty seats again. Give the tickets away if they don’t turn up.

2 hours ago, prince al said:

Watching it now. Why the empty seats again. Give the tickets away if they don’t turn up.

As I explained in another thread (probably to you) those front row tickets have been designated by World Snooker as "Century Club"  tickets. For an eye watering amount you get a free bar, meal, and then a decent seat for the snooker.  Think they were 400 quid or so each when I looked last week. Next year is going to be worse as they have decided to try and sell more of these seats

The demand for normal tickets at an OK price is huge and these sell out rather quickly. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, PAT THE CHEF said:

Ask the presenters if they live here?

It's their job to make it sound good and sell it to everyone.

• SFBeca changed the title to Great Exposure For The City