Which Blade Members On Here Attend Matches

monzaman

35 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Just wonder who goes to matches on here from the Blade membership. just think some may even sit near to each other with out knowing or drink in the same pub. Me well I attend nearly all home games and quite a few away games. To be honest I enjoy the away games more but have to limit myself because I would end up divorced if I went to more of them.

Didn't include wed members on here  because some would take it the wrong way and accuse me of bullying or call me an idiot BUT feel free to comment Wed members if you attend your matches.

I fail to see why the divorced part would be a problem or is that just me😂

• Haha 1

Been following United since the days of Hagan, Ringstead and Burgin and I've experienced all the highs and lows since that time. 

Born and bred a Blade. Dad was treasurer of the supporters club in the '50s so I went to all the home and away games at that time. It was fun throwing cushions onto the pitch from the stands to vent your frustration at a poor referee's decision! Remember that?

Currently closing in on being an octogenarian and living a considerable distance away my visits to Bramall Lane are sadly infrequent nowadays but I'll be there tomorrow with two of my sons to celebrate the latest high point in SUFC's history.

Even if I'm not there in person I'm always there in spirit.

echo.

3 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Been following United since the days of Hagan, Ringstead and Burgin and I've experienced all the highs and lows since that time. 

Born and bred a Blade. Dad was treasurer of the supporters club in the '50s so I went to all the home and away games at that time. It was fun throwing cushions onto the pitch from the stands to vent your frustration at a poor referee's decision! Remember that?

Currently closing in on being an octogenarian and living a considerable distance away my visits to Bramall Lane are sadly infrequent nowadays but I'll be there tomorrow with two of my sons to celebrate the latest high point in SUFC's history.

echo.

First place I experienced  cushions thrown on a pitch was at Stockport county with Macclesfield town in the 60's a FAcup game 

Peter Adamson who played Len Fairclough in Coronation Street was the owner/chairman of Stockport then and was so drunk he couldn't even sign his name for autographs.

Had the best and worst of times with The Blades tbh.

Was a young kid when we got dumped into the 4th division, with my dad dumping me in the kids corner.

Loved the glory days of Bassett, Deane, Agana, Hodges, Whitehouse, Bradshaw (my favourite years).

Highs and lows though thereafter with Kendall and Warnock and Adkins and Weir and Robson (you can guess which ones were highs and which ones were lows).

Wilder was great while he lasted…..and then true colours shone through.

And now here we are again. Premier League bound once more.

That “gift that keeps on giving”!!

Too f-ing right!!!

UTFB

Edited by PapaLazarou

8 hours ago, echo beach said:

echo.

I saw the same matches as you Echo , Some great players there Ted  Burgin and Jimmy Hagan . One week at the Lane the next at Owlerton all stood together having a laugh and not afraid to say who your team really was , its like World war three now especially on this forum , crackers int it .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I saw the same matches as you Echo , Some great players there Ted  Burgin and Jimmy Hagan . One week at the Lane the next at Owlerton all stood together having a laugh and not afraid to say who your team really was , its like World war three now especially on this forum , crackers int it .

Used to go to the Lane one week and Hillsborough the Week after with my Granddad in the sixties and never knew he was a Wednesday fan until years after he had passed away. We also spent a lot of time following non league football Heanor town then Macclesfield when my Uncle played for them.

Went to Craven Cottage with non League Macclesfield against top flight Fulham, they were robbed Alan Clarke dived in the area for a penalty.

Also went to Wembley with them.