Scc. We Need Your Help. We're Clueless!

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Two people have now told you they do. How many need to tell you before you admit you were wrong? 

The buses literally say Buses For Sheffield. If that doesn't prove to you that the same bus goes back to the same depot every night, I don't know what will.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

The buses literally say Buses For Sheffield. If that doesn't prove to you that the same bus goes back to the same depot every night, I don't know what will.

We didn't say they don't return to the same garage overnight, we said they can and do move between areas, on a controlled basis, and are then rebranded if required. See  the 12/14 vehicles which have been transferred from the First Southampton operation to SY . They are in operation, still in Soton red livery, but with FSY legal lettering, and will be repainted into corporate livery as time goes by.

Guest busdriver1
4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

First Group. They have had to swap buses in Sheffield with some in Doncaster. See the South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement thread. I rest my case.

Buses coming into Sheffield have so far included, Glasgow, Oldham, Leicester, Southampton, Stoke & Doncaster. 

N.B. this is not done on a daily basis but to a national plan to ensure correct types of appropriate overheads are in the correct area. 

Type training is rarely an issue as First generally buy similar types all over the country.

Most areas are spending on New buses and cascading older ones out to the basket case areas like Sheffield. 

If that fails the next step is to do what they did in Southampton and just close the doors.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

For crying out loud. If you genuinely thought I meant they swap depots on a daily/weekly basis maybe you should go and hand that business diploma back in. 

assuming she still has the corn flake box it came in . . . . .

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Sourcing and swapping just one bus (worth circa £175,000) is a big deal, then there is the administration, driver familiarisation training, ensuring the new buses are suitable for the routes they operate. It will be even more difficult for smaller operators such as TM Travel and Hulley's, who don't have spare buses elsewhere to swap around.

TM have had to surrender some work to release some appropriate buses for Sheffield Work. The parent company are famous for their lack of generosity.

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

TM have had to surrender some work to release some appropriate buses for Sheffield Work. The parent company are famous for their lack of generosity.

So this CAZ nonsense has actually caused the bus service network to shrink. They never learn do they. 🙃

Guest busdriver1
9 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

So this CAZ nonsense has actually caused the bus service network to shrink. They never learn do they. 🙃

NO that is not what was said. 

2 routes in Derbyshire were surrendered and taken up by operators in that area. TM have tendered for and gained more routes in South Yorkshire.

This has allowed some of the routes that most operators did not want to operate to be re-introduced as TM are prepared to take work on for SYPTE / SYMCA.

Not really connected to the CAZ especially as many of the TM fleet are still not compliant. Not sure how thats working out, maybe the cost of the fines is being built in to the tender price.

1 minute ago, busdriver1 said:

NO that is not what was said. 

2 routes in Derbyshire were surrendered and taken up by operators in that area. TM have tendered for and gained more routes in South Yorkshire.

This has allowed some of the routes that most operators did not want to operate to be re-introduced as TM are prepared to take work on for SYPTE / SYMCA.

Not really connected to the CAZ especially as many of the TM fleet are still not compliant. Not sure how thats working out, maybe the cost of the fines is being built in to the tender price.

Cheers, @busdriver1. Irene/LP showing their ignorance - again. TM seem to be running their newer fleet in Sheffield, from what I've seen, although I don't know if they are all Euro 6.

Guest busdriver1
8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Cheers, @busdriver1. Irene/LP showing their ignorance - again. TM seem to be running their newer fleet in Sheffield, from what I've seen, although I don't know if they are all Euro 6.

Many of their fleet are NOT compliant and there are doubts about some of the ones they have recently purchased being actually compliant. Some of their newer purchases that were built as hybrid have had the hybrid systems removed (as have some of the stagecoach hybrid buses in Sheffield) because the system used was poor in design and construction and of the cheaper system. This means that they are almost certainly not now compliant but have the certification as they were built compliant. TM do still have a few buses 20+ years old and there was at least one running in Sheffield yesterday.

Fair enough. I know they have some ancient vehicles, but I am not in the city centre to see what they are running on other routes very often. My observations are really only based on the 218 service which runs past my front door - and that does seem to be using slightly newer vehicles in the main. Whether they are Euro6 I honestly wouldn't know, there are a few too many trees in the way for me to clearly identify them specifically.

Thanks for the information, though.

• Like 1