Scc. We Need Your Help. We're Clueless!

39 minutes ago, Michael_N said:

Top tip, drive the 30miles up the M1 to Leeds and have a look at their city centre and how to invest. A good start would be the reintroduction of buses along Leopold Street and Pinstone Street again! 

My bold. 

And who were & continue to be one of the major developers in Leeds City centre?  Hammersons, those of the Sevenstones debacle here in Sheffield. 

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

And who were & continue to be one of the major developers in Leeds City centre?  Hammersons, those of the Sevenstones debacle here in Sheffield. 

Maybe LCC let them get on with the job, and not change their 'vision' every week, so at least they know what they are supposed to be doing? Just a thought.

Edited by RollingJ

like the nearly million pound of tennants levy as they take a levy on all rent payers and if they dont have a tennants association in a area or one closes all that cash goes in the kitty ,but it increases year on year with intrest,it should be spent on housing or the council areas.

42 minutes ago, bassett one said:

like the nearly million pound of tennants levy as they take a levy on all rent payers and if they dont have a tennants association in a area or one closes all that cash goes in the kitty ,but it increases year on year with intrest,it should be spent on housing or the council areas.

Or maybe spend it on literacy 

• Haha 1

On 01/05/2023 at 10:23, Planner1 said:

You have to remember that on many things they are bound by a legal duty to consult. It isn’t a “scam”. They just have to do it. There is no legal duty to act the way the majority tell them they would like.

Sometimes, like with the CAZ, the council are legally obliged to do something, which they know won’t be popular with many people, but they can get useful information from a consultation, like which types / groups of people might be worst affected and perhaps take that into account in the details of a proposal. 

if they are legally obliged to do it which i accept if its central gov that have set the rules why havent they given the huge negative response done like manchester and have it under review and not operating????????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ab6262 said:

if they are legally obliged to do it which i accept if its central gov that have set the rules why havent they given the huge negative response done like manchester and have it under review and not operating????????

The committee chair was interviewed on Radio Sheffield and said they’d asked the government to do that but they’d refused, because we were further along in the process than Leeds and Manchester. Some on here say that can’t be true, but I have seen no evidence that the councillor was not telling the truth.

Other cities have charging CAZ’s in place. We aren’t the only ones.

7 hours ago, Planner1 said:

The committee chair was interviewed on Radio Sheffield and said they’d asked the government to do that but they’d refused, because we were further along in the process than Leeds and Manchester. Some on here say that can’t be true, but I have seen no evidence that the councillor was not telling the truth.

7 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Are Council vehicles being charged if so it proves just how daft they are .

Edited by cuttsie

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Are Council vehicles being charged if so it proves just how daft they are .

How many Council vehicles do you think arent exempt? Wont be many, and those that are will be kept to the outskirts.

You wont see this though as you are a pussy who has me on ignore, so maybe @The_DADDY can do me the honours and quote it for Judd, please.

9 hours ago, Planner1 said:

She lied, we've discussed this in the congestion charge thread. We were miles away back in the process than Manchester who got theirs stopped with 3 months to go live and all the infrastructure in place.