Scc. We Need Your Help. We're Clueless!

11 hours ago, Planner1 said:

The committee chair was interviewed on Radio Sheffield and said they’d asked the government to do that but they’d refused, because we were further along in the process than Leeds and Manchester. Some on here say that can’t be true, but I have seen no evidence that the councillor was not telling the truth.

Other cities have charging CAZ’s in place. We aren’t the only ones.

thats utter BS we are way behind Manchester and Leeds, they both had dates to start way before Sheffield.

On 04/05/2023 at 12:17, ab6262 said:

thats utter BS we are way behind Manchester and Leeds, they both had dates to start way before Sheffield.

Others have said the same, but the problem is that we aren’t closely involved in the process so we don’t know what’s involved and the exact details of where these places were in the process compared to us.

I’d have thought the councillor would have known they’d get asked that question in the interview and that they’d have been suitably briefed, so I find it difficult to believe that they’d tell an outright lie on air.

2 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Others have said the same, but the problem is that we aren’t closely involved in the process so we don’t know what’s involved and the exact details of where these places were in the process compared to us.

I’d have thought the councillor would have known they’d get asked that question in the interview and that they’d have been suitably briefed, so I find it difficult to believe that they’d tell an outright lie on air.

Who is we ????

On 04/05/2023 at 08:30, HeHasRisen said:

How many Council vehicles do you think arent exempt? Wont be many, and those that are will be kept to the outskirts.

You wont see this though as you are a pussy who has me on ignore, so maybe @The_DADDY can do me the honours and quote it for Judd, please.

Happy to oblige.

A bit late I know but I've been taking a little break 👍

On 06/05/2023 at 08:43, Planner1 said:

"if we dont impose it the govt will step in to run one" - there is no evidence anywhere to support this. you even admitted yourself that this is not in any documentation available with regard to any CAZ in the country or in any business plan for one. when Toby said "well, why dont you then and save the cash" she didnt have an answer to it.

We do have the exact details

Manchester - All infrastructure in place, all funding received, project 3 months to go-live - Stopped and a non charging scheme proposed instead 

So if Sheffield were further on then manchester when did SCC go to govt to try and stop it? Because according to her they had "made numerous requests" for the scheme to not go ahead. Were all of these in the final 3 months before go -live? Of course not. So if that wasnt a lie then what was it?

Councillors suitably briefed? Naz didnt even know what the timing charge period was when asked it.?

Edited by sheffbag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

We do have the exact details

No we don’t.

We have what is published or people have said in public.

Those aren’t the exact details. There will have been extensive discussions and correspondence between all the councils mandated and the government. We don’t have those details and therefore in my view we can’t reach a fully informed view.

5 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

No we don’t.

We have what is published or people have said in public.

Those aren’t the exact details. There will have been extensive discussions and correspondence between all the councils mandated and the government. We don’t have those details and therefore in my view we can’t reach a fully informed view.

So a number of your 'assertions' are speculation, then.

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

Councillors suitably briefed? Naz didnt even know what the timing charge period was when asked it.?

Councillors are human, they sometimes make mistakes or forget things, including things they have been briefed on.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

So a number of your 'assertions' are speculation, then.

I like to be able to back up any assertions I make, for example with links to published documents / articles etc. I also tailor my language accordingly, so I’ll say that this is the case according to that article etc.