Come Dine With Me.

PRESLEY

My grandfather, the finest person that I have known.

My late friend John, he believed in doing everything to excess, including friendship

Sir Winston Spencer Churchill, Hitler couldn’t have wished for a more fearsome adversary.

Queen Elizabeth The First, this frail little woman was the most powerful person on Earth, I wonder where the strength came from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

My grandfather, the finest person that I have known.

My late friend John, he believed in doing everything to excess, including friendship

Sir Winston Spencer Churchill, Hitler couldn’t have wished for a more fearsome adversary.

Queen Elizabeth The First, this frail little woman was the most powerful person on Earth, I wonder where the strength came from.

Some would say Elizabeth The First got her strength from her father the tyrant King Henry, but I’m one of those who believes her strength came from her mother, Anne Boleyn a brave lady. 

55 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Some would say Elizabeth The First got her strength from her father the tyrant King Henry, but I’m one of those who believes her strength came from her mother, Anne Boleyn a brave lady. 

Just occurred to me that it could be from her great grandfather King Edward IV - "strong in arm and good in bed"  

10 hours ago, cressida said:

King Edward IV - "strong in arm and good in bed"  

Oh I didn’t know that. He did have a lot of children tho and a few illegitimate ones here and there. 
I don’t think Elizabeth takes after him in the bedroom department, she was supposedly the virgin Queen.

He's always been my favourite historical hero.

'supposedly' he virgin queen,  it was said she had Amy Robsart pushed down the stairs and killed as she was in love with Robert Dudley.    Then there was the Earl of Essex.....

7 minutes ago, cressida said:

He's always been my favourite historical hero.

'supposedly' he virgin queen,  it was said she had Amy Robsart pushed down the stairs and killed as she was in love with Robert Dudley.    Then there was the Earl of Essex.....

Can’t say I know to much about Edward. I thought it was Robert Dudley who murdered his wife or suspected of murdering her hoping to marry Elizabeth, but because of the scandal Elizabeth had to distance herself from him.  There again Elizabeth could have been involved with Amy’s death if she was jealous of her.  It’s going’s to be one of those mysteries.