Customer Toilet Unavailable (And The 'Social Conscience' Co Op May Be The Worst)

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

and cost on the business, a staff member checking the toilets at least every hour, cleaning em, replacing paper towels, the water usage, toilet duck etc, cafes and pubs and restaurants yes because they sell drinks so people need to go, Supermarkets dont generally have people sitting down eating and drinking.

Add into that people just going in to use the toilets, which happens a lot, especially where ive been working in Whitby, so they dont have to pay the 40p public charge, more and more places are putting signs up about them being customer use only.

You could have like 600 people a day using them

A good sensible contribution.  Another issue is public toilets attract vandalism and other anti social behaviour.  It is not worth the hassle and expense for many businesses to provide toilets for customers and non customers.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Axe said:

A good sensible contribution.  Another issue is public toilets attract vandalism and other anti social behaviour.  It is not worth the hassle and expense for many businesses to provide toilets for customers and non customers.

Indeed.

The other week I popped into Gregg's at Norton retail park and needed the loo. Unfortunately they were out of use as school kids had smashed them up. The staff lady said it was a common occurrence.

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Do you want a place to provide toilets and then not actually monitor them?

Thats fine then. Tell me where your shop is, I will bring my 9 year old niece in, we will ask to use your loo and then I will get her to trip over something you have left lying around and break her leg. Lets see what happens then with your liabilcity insurance.

You get yourself round to my shop, spend some money, and your niece can use my loo no problem. In fact it'd be ignorant of me to refuse.

I think it highly unlikely she would break anything even if she did manage top trip over anything, and, trying to sue me would be rather more difficult than you seem to think. In my view, people who are always after claiming damages are beneath contempt. Even  more so if they do that to someone who has helped them out.

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

If it wasn’t tragic, it would be funny :thumbsup:

It bleedin' wasn't funny when my 9 year old desperately needed to use the loo I can assure you.

You sound like you have no kids ?

Having said that, many people have medical problems that need more visits to the loo than ordinary (and even those with normal size bladders sometimes get caught short). I am surprised the virtue signalling brigade on here have so little empathy for them.

What I find particularly galling about the Co-Op is they're always trying to make out they are more bothered about society (and by implication more bothered about people) than "other retailers".

Edited by Chekhov
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Out of interest, which Aldi in Sheffield or surrounding area has a customer toilet? I havent been in a single one nationwide that has this.

Stocksbridge.

Pretty much all supermarkets I use have a customer loo, Asda (PX) has one, as does Morrisons (Hillsborough and Ecclesfield).

And they aren't, apparently, as socially aware as the CoOp (according to the CoOp anyway).

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

One where people use clean toilets? with enough handtowels to use?

Our work (a bar and restaurant) we check the toilets every hour to make sure everythings in order and clean, and yes they are for customers only, not random people off the street

yet again another thread that shows Chekhov up for what he is, a selfish moron

WAAHWAAHWAAH I WANT I WANT ME ME ME

It wasn't me who wanted to use the loo, it was my 9 year old son, who had to wend up going in the car park which, rather inconsistently, you seem happy about ?

Interesting that @nikki-red (flaunting her NHS "we care" attitude) apparently agrees that it's selfish to expect places to have toilets for those who are desperate.

That said you are just as bad, trying to make out you have so much empathy.

TBH it could be that you, and Ms Nikki, are more bothered about trolling than appearing to be hypocritical.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You get yourself round to my shop, spend some money, and your niece can use my loo no problem. In fact it'd be ignorant of me to refuse.

It would be more public spirited if you allowed someone caught short to use your loo without having to buy a TV aerial.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Third world problems 

What ?

Needing to go to the loo ?

A "third world problem" ?

Seriously ?

5 minutes ago, RJRB said:

It would be more public spirited if you allowed someone caught short to use your loo without having to buy a TV aerial.

I have done more than once, particularly parents with kids.

1 hour ago, Zinger549 said:

My Local COOP doesn't have a toilet but there are public loos nearby.  Are there no other places nearby (Pub/Mc Donald's ect) that have a toilet.

What a surprise...... 

TBH if I were spending money at the CoOp and they advised me to go to somewhere that I was not spending any money I think that'd be quite cheeky.

Edited by Chekhov

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The sense of entitlement here is ridiculous. If you are seriously expecting every shop to provide your weak bladdered child with a toilet, on demand, then you are living in the clouds. 

Agreed.

It's completely irrelevant. Shops will only provide public toilets if they are able and want to. 

If there isn't one available then it's the shops choice if they allow use of staff toilets which they are legally obligated to provide for staff. 

Just another thing that Chekov will have to get used to. 

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

SNIPPED

so he had to end up going in the car park. 

I hope there weren't any paedophiles  taking photos - they've got no shame

Edited by MJ01
  • Haha 2