Customer Toilet Unavailable (And The 'Social Conscience' Co Op May Be The Worst)

On 04/05/2023 at 08:21, hauxwell said:

There is a few Aldi and Lidl shops that have public toilets in some of their shops that’s been built in the last few years. I’m not sure why they have started to do this. Unless when applying for building  permission they did a survey asking customers what they would like to see in their new shops, and toilets is one of them.  

Planning permission is the key. Offering facilities that aren't required generally gets a tick in the + box for planners.

18 hours ago, Chekhov said:

So, let's get this right, you think most people (definition more than 50%), would be perfectly happy that a shop they are spending money in, particularly a supermarket, will not let them (or even worse their child) use the loo ?

You're having a laugh aren't you ?

You are talking absolute cobblers.

But if you are right then society in general, and the CoOp in particular, has lost its senses in a big big way.

It's lost most of my custom for a start. I will still shop there, but only if there is no alternative, and there usually will be.

You are definitely talking cobblers here.

This is all a smokescreen, it's got nothing to do with insurance or H&S, it's to do with staff not wanting to clean the loos and weak managers who know sod all about customer service.

Coming from the shop manager who flouts the law by charging for card use. Hardly customer service is it,  discriminating against payment methods, disadvantaging the card user (which is why it's illegal).

39 minutes ago, Resident said:

Coming from the shop manager who flouts the law by charging for card use. Hardly customer service is it,  discriminating against payment methods, disadvantaging the card user (which is why it's illegal).

everyone's prices went up as a result.

STOP PRESS !

The loo at Stocksbridge CoOp has reopened after being shut "for ages".

It could be co-incidence, or a result of this thread, or E mails to their customer services.

I feel a bit more positive about the CoOp now (apart from what happened at their Woodhouse store last summer, obviously.....).

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

STOP PRESS !

The loo at Stocksbridge CoOp has reopened after being shut "for ages".

It could be co-incidence, or a result of this thread, or E mails to their customer services.

I feel a bit more positive about the CoOp now (apart from what happened at their Woodhouse store last summer, obviously.....).

So you started a thread to moan about some thing that happened Last year :rolleyes:.  Any thoughts on the Viking invasion and the disgraceful raping and pillaging ? 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Resident said:

I feel a needless diversion to this thread coming on here.....

We have been through all this and you are talking cobblers.

Many days we don't even use our card machine and so we then get stung for card charges and bank fees for the same transaction. I would then make less on the sale of a poxy £1 plug than the bank charges (just because the customer can't be bothered to keep a quid in cash in his pocket). Personally I'd feel cheeky paying for something of such low value with a card though I accept others might feel different.

Why should I actually  lose money selling something to someone ?

Tell you what, if it makes you happier, I'll just say there is no card supplement but there is a minimum £5 invoice.

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hang on, so this didn't even happen recently? 😂😂😂😂😂

It's been reopened in the last few days, after being shut "for ages".

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

If his emails are anything like the content of his website, pretty sure it will just be a coincidence. 

Is this the same website which gets two and a half to three thousand visits every week from all over the world ?

Or is it a different website ?

Just our page Installing a Starlink gets nearly a thousand a week......

Edited by Chekhov

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Erm you said the Woodhouse incident was "last summer" in post #113. Are you losing track now? 

No, you are.

Stocksbridge CoOp customer loo has been shut "for ages" but has just reopened.

Woodhouse CoOp is the one who, last summer, said they did not have a customer loo and my 9 year old could not use their staff loo.

See now ? Woodhouse and Stocksbridge are two different CoOp stores in two different places.....

Edited by Chekhov

11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I feel a needless diversion to this thread coming on here.....

We have been through all this and you are talking cobblers.

Many days we don't even use our card machine and so we then get stung for card charges and bank fees for the same transaction. I would then make less on the sale of a poxy £1 plug than the bank charges (just because the customer can't be bothered to keep a quid in cash in his pocket). Personally I'd feel cheeky paying for something of such low value with a card though I accept others might feel different.

Why should I actually  lose money selling something to someone ?

Tell you what, if it makes you happier, I'll just say there is no card supplement but there is a minimum £5 invoice.

It's been reopened in the last few days, after being shut "for ages".

Is this the same website which gets two and a half to three thousand visits every week from all over the world ?

Or is it a different website ?

Just our page Installing a Starlink gets nearly a thousand a day......

Needless  advertising . Put it in the correct section please 

Just now, Chekhov said:

No, you are.

Stocksbridge CoOp loo has been shut "for ages" but has just reopened.

Woodhouse CoOp is the one who, last summer, said they did not have a customer loo and my 9 year old could not use their staff loo.

See now ? Woodhouse and Stocksbridge are two different CoOp stores in two different places.....

With two different , needless "stories" .