Customer Toilet Unavailable (And The 'Social Conscience' Co Op May Be The Worst)

18 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

apart from what happened at their Woodhouse store last summer,

So the genesis of this thread was something that happened months ago, thanks for confirming. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Needless  advertising . Put it in the correct section please 

Not really, he bought up my site not me and he was implying my site is crap and, by implication gets no visits. Therefore I have the right to prove him wrong.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

So this statement was utter rubbish then and it did NOT happen last summer? Why did you say it did then???? 

I think Señor senility might be calling here, read c a r e f u l l y :

Stocksbridge CoOp loo has been shut "for ages" but has just reopened.

Woodhouse CoOp is the one who, last summer, said they did not have a customer loo and my 9 year old could not use their staff loo.

See now ? Woodhouse and Stocksbridge are two different CoOp stores in two different places.....

If you want I can make it even clearer by colour coding it for you ?

26 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I think Señor senility might be calling here, read c a r e f u l l y :

Stocksbridge CoOp loo has been shut "for ages" but has just reopened.

Woodhouse CoOp is the one who, last summer, said they did not have a customer loo and my 9 year old could not use their staff loo.

See now ? Woodhouse and Stocksbridge are two different CoOp stores in two different places.....

If you want I can make it even clearer by colour coding it for you ?

The sentence... 

apart from what happened at their Woodhouse store last summer,

... clearly suggests to anyone reading it that the incident happened last summer. I wasn't the only person who read it in this way.  I don't care about Stocksbridge. Fact remains you have sat on this for months and only started a thread this week about it. 

27 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why is my name in that quote ?

No idea, my phone is playing tricks.  We know you didn't say it. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

8 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I feel a needless diversion to this thread coming on here.....

We have been through all this and you are talking cobblers.

Many days we don't even use our card machine and so we then get stung for card charges and bank fees for the same transaction. I would then make less on the sale of a poxy £1 plug than the bank charges (just because the customer can't be bothered to keep a quid in cash in his pocket). Personally I'd feel cheeky paying for something of such low value with a card though I accept others might feel different.

Why should I actually  lose money selling something to someone ?

Tell you what, if it makes you happier, I'll just say there is no card supplement but there is a minimum £5 invoice.

I did iterate card rules and regs to you, you are correct. I'll repeat and clarify:

Insisting on a card usage fee = Illegal
Setting a minimum spend amount = Breach of contract with your card facility provider, as Mastercard, Visa & AMEX all have the provision in their contracts that the end user (the business) may not utilise such methods.

On 09/05/2023 at 03:15, Resident said:

I did iterate card rules and regs to you, you are correct. I'll repeat and clarify:

Insisting on a card usage fee = Illegal
Setting a minimum spend amount = Breach of contract with your card facility provider, as Mastercard, Visa & AMEX all have the provision in their contracts that the end user (the business) may not utilise such methods.

I was thinking of replying but do not want to continue this irrelevant diversion.

18 hours ago, Palomar said:

...and here's me thinking shopkeeper breaking the law trumps toilet unavailable.

You do not know what you are talking about.

I can sell my stock to whoever I choose at whatever price I choose, it's called a free market.

Other economic systems have been tried, unsuccessfully as it happens.

We also know more about customer service than the CoOp it would seem. Not only would we never dream of refusing to allow a customer to use our loo, but we actually answer all customer E Mails. 

PS customer feedback should never be ignored even if a particular company is ignorant enough to do so, because their suggestions and/or complaints are almost always right.

• Like 1