Customer Toilet Unavailable (And The 'Social Conscience' Co Op May Be The Worst)

Most people with a functioning brain can tell at a glance what kind of establishments are likely to have a customer toilet, also what kind of response you get when some kind of Basil Fawlty figure pushes to use the staff ones.

I think there's a sitcom in the making concerning the OP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Most people with a functioning brain can tell at a glance what kind of establishments are likely to have a customer toilet, also what kind of response you get when some kind of Basil Fawlty figure pushes to use the staff ones.

Good idea,  Chekov goes battling on -against all forms of petty rules and regulations,  has a similar idea or series been done - I'd definitely tune in,  he's quite a character👍

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

No, a number of people on this thread have already disagreed with you. Open yer peepers.

There is no doubt that most people would agree with me on this. I suspect the only ones who would not are shop owners who know little about customer service and some shop staff who don't want to increase the chances they'd have to clean the loo. Oh yes, and trolls who just argue for the sake of it. Which group do you fall into ?

44 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Let's hope you (or your child) are never desperate for the loo then.

At least you are being consistent, you virtue signal your empathy, but only for a very select group of people.

9 minutes ago, cressida said:

Good idea,  Chekov goes battling on -against all forms of petty rules and regulations,  has a similar idea or series been done - I'd definitely tune in,  he's quite a character👍

Actually Cressida, I don't think this has much at all to do with regulations, or H&S, or "insurance". That's just a red herring, an excuse.

It's shop staff not wanting to have to clean the loos, and their managers who have the wrong attitude to customer service.

Edited by Chekhov

29 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Actually Cressida, I don't think this has much at all to do with regulations, or H&S, or "insurance". That's just a red herring, an excuse.

It's shop staff not wanting to have to clean the loos, and their managers who have the wrong attitude to customer service.

I can only speak for myself but considering your child's age I would definitely have let him use the staff loo.

Edited by cressida
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

There is no doubt that most people would agree with me on this.

Very little evidence in this thread to suggest otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, cressida said:

I can only speak for myself but considering your child's age I would definitely have let him use the staff loo.

And potentially been up on a disciplinary for letting customers use the staff areas? 

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Very little evidence in this thread to suggest otherwise. 

And potentially been up on a disciplinary for letting customers use the staff areas? 

One-off,  emergency - better than possibly wetting the floor.

Edited by cressida

6 minutes ago, cressida said:

One-off,  emergency - better than possibly wetting the floor.

But in the process breaching the terms of the insurance of the building you are working in. See the dilemma? Not worth getting sacked over really. 

We visited Sheffield a couple of years ago with grandsons. We were on High Street at the time and one of boys was desperate to use to the loo. No where to go. His grandad took him to, I think was, McDonalds. There was a bouncer on the door and explained to him the desperate need to go and he showed him to the toilets, no problem. Still people around with common sense.

• Like 3