Ring Camera Subscription

Bought a Ring camera a few weeks ago and keep getting reminders to subscribe £8 month to continue getting notifications and viewing recordings.

I'm sure i have read somewhere that there is another way to do this without having to pay a subscription, anybody any idea and how please.

10 minutes ago, rainylady1 said:

Bought a Ring camera a few weeks ago and keep getting reminders to subscribe £8 month to continue getting notifications and viewing recordings.

I'm sure i have read somewhere that there is another way to do this without having to pay a subscription, anybody any idea and how please.

You can download an app for your smartphone and view them on there.

I don't have any details but thought it would ease your worry if you knew.

Sure someone will be along with the info

2 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

You can use a Ring camera without a subscription, however you will only be able to view live events, you won't get access to recordings.

https://en-uk.ring.com/pages/protect-plans

What are you using the camera for? Is it a doorbell one or more of a CCTV type thing?

It's a camera for cctv, I have read somewhere there is an AP that can be used but not the Ring one but can't find where I read it.

11 minutes ago, rainylady1 said:

It's a camera for cctv, I have read somewhere there is an AP that can be used but not the Ring one but can't find where I read it.

No idea about that.

But as for alternative CCTV, I helped a neighbour install some a few weeks ago and neither of us has any complaints over the picture quality or the app, and it's free to view past events too!
Depending on where you'd want to position it would depend on which model I'd suggest to you, but the one I got for him is this; https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09TP6NF63/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Popped a 128GB card in it and it will save up to 2 weeks recordings.

14 minutes ago, glitterballs said:

All the methods mentioned sort of detract from the whole "smart" doorbell idea and the convenience of having it save clips without you having to literally leave your phone or laptop recording 24/7 🤣

If it's a camera to attach to the outside of your house to cover an area, I'd still lean towards the brand I linked on Amazon, they've got different types for different areas, even solar powered ones.

After having actually used them I'd have no issues recommending them to anyone.

Changing a default username and password on an IP camera that can only have it's 14 digit ID found by scanning a QR code found inside the box it came in?
Yeah you know I think the security features are quite robust now that you've pointed it out, thanks for reassuring me.