Council Grass Cutting.

I live in pitsmoor, my neighbor is an elderly Asian lady who until this year, had council worker kept her garden grass relatively well kept.

this year however, they shave stopped this service, citing cost cutting etc, yet just 500 yards or so in Burngreave, I noticed several bungalows on Buckenham street and Ditchingham street having their gardens mowed by said council workers.I'm pretty sure both areas are serviced by the same council and same financial restrictions, so why stop the cutting for one area yet carry on with another?

At least one of the bungalows being serviced, is or was the accommodation of a young and apparently fit person, which begs the question, Why?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

incedently, not only is an elderly lady no longer getting help, but several disabled people too.

On 07/05/2023 at 09:02, MunXy said:

I live in pitsmoor, my neighbor is an elderly Asian lady who until this year, had council worker kept her garden grass relatively well kept.

this year however, they shave stopped this service, citing cost cutting etc, yet just 500 yards or so in Burngreave, I noticed several bungalows on Buckenham street and Ditchingham street having their gardens mowed by said council workers.I'm pretty sure both areas are serviced by the same council and same financial restrictions, so why stop the cutting for one area yet carry on with another?

At least one of the bungalows being serviced, is or was the accommodation of a young and apparently fit person, which begs the question, Why?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

incedently, not only is an elderly lady no longer getting help, but several disabled people too.

Maybe ask the local councillor for help with this. 

• Like 1

Many properties around the area are Housing Association (Arches, Guinness Partnership etc) who have their own contractors who come and 'maintain' gardens, residents can opt-out... so maybe it's not even a council property?

• Like 2

Budget cuts more than likely. Rotherham Council started this around 10yrs back and claimed it was to help wildlife. Looks alright for 6-8 weeks in summer, then the rest of the year just looks an overgrown mess that can be quite dangerous if on the central reservation approaching junctions/roundabouts!

• Like 1

On 15/05/2023 at 09:21, cuttsie said:

Grassed areas are now being left in many areas so as to encourage wild life inc birds and bugs .Ours is and it looks brilliant with all the wild flowers etc .

That’s nice for you . Ours are full of dandelions.

Excuse the pun but have they cut the service in the well to do areas. I remember when I went to work through those areas, council workers removed the fallen leaves from the pavement after every Autumn whereas the council estates any leaves were left for the wind to scatter.

i think stevie wonder cuts the council grass so hit and miss its unbelievable bits missed , especially round signs and corners looks worse than not cutting it bring back SYCC at least they had dedicated grass cutters.