Do Members Know What's Meant By 'Mind The Gap'

monzaman

33 minutes ago, Runningman said:

I would be interested as I'm sure others would in some statistics

i.e. How many Wednesday won in the Premier League and the same for United

Wednesday 101 

United 53 

Just to clarify for those that get upset about these things …it doesn’t make the current gap between the two clubs any smaller…

It doesn’t change the fact Wednesday are in the pub league…

It doesn’t mean we are on the back foot 

But there’s no getting away from it …it’s a fact.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Just to clarify for those that get upset about these things …it doesn’t make the current gap between the two clubs any smaller…

Hooray at last, Jesus it's hard work on here some times!!!

9 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Hooray at last, Jesus it's hard work on here some times!!!

Read the first sentence on  post 31 

Read the first sentence on post 37 

Read the first sentence on post 42 

Read the first sentence on post 46

Read post 48 

Read post 53

Despite it being blatantly obvious no one had actually said what you suggested I felt I should make it easy for you & put it in writing in post 58 …seeing as you were struggling..🤡

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Wednesday 101 

United 53 

It doesn’t mean we are on the back foot 

But there’s no getting away from it …it’s a fact.

Back foot when you can't find anything positive in the present you live in the past.

Rest of your post is spot on and a first acceptance of reality from an owl on here without bringing Ena Sharples into it.

Mind the gap.

Edited by Alextopman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Read the first sentence on  post 31 

Read the first sentence on post 37 

Read the first sentence on post 42 

Read the first sentence on post 46

Read post 48 

Read post 53

Despite it being blatantly obvious no one had actually said what you suggested I felt I should make it easy for you & put it in writing in post 58 …seeing as you were struggling..🤡

Hooray, Read the title of the thread it does give you quite a big clue what we are discussing, remind me again how wins in the prem LGE fits into this 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Obviously the quality of players & managers is better the higher up the leagues you go & the Premier League is the pinnacle in this country & I’d love Wednesday to be there but it is what it is ….but you bizarrely seem to think it was easier to win games years ago than it is today …my point is that winning games today is no different to 23 years ago …you have to score more goals than your opponents……be it Concord Park or the Etihad …

The fact Wednesday beat Newcastle in the Cup proves the point…..you can have a team in the Pub League beating the richest club in world football….which flies in the face of the point you’re making….

Well done on spending lots of money though it cost Wilder his job in the end didn’t it ? 

You really don't get it do you?

Years ago there was far more equality between teams than there is today. Today a larger number of clubs have gone out and spent multi millions on their squads and brought in international quality players from all over the world.

Think about that. It means that today a regular non billionaire owned club will come up against a team full of international class players on a regular basis, and far more frequently than they did in seasons gone by. Back then take away Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool and that was it. Even then, those clubs were mainly playing British and Irish players, the overall quality was lower.

Understand?

4 minutes ago, m williamson said:

You really don't get it do you?

Years ago there was far more equality between teams than there is today. Today a larger number of clubs have gone out and spent multi millions on their squads and brought in international quality players from all over the world.

Think about that. It means that today a regular non billionaire owned club will come up against a team full of international class players on a regular basis, and far more frequently than they did in seasons gone by. Back then take away Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool and that was it. Even then, those clubs were mainly playing British and Irish players, the overall quality was lower.

Understand?

Nice of you to contribute from your ivory tower …it’s not me that doesn’t understand I know exactly what’s being said…but rather than go round in circles…let’s agree to disagree..it’s getting tiresome repeating myself & getting patronising responses…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Nice of you to contribute from your ivory tower …it’s not me that doesn’t understand I know exactly what’s being said…but rather than go round in circles…let’s agree to disagree..it’s getting tiresome repeating myself & getting patronising responses…

Hooray!!!!

MIND THE GAP 🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Hooray, Read the title of the thread it does give you quite a big clue what we are discussing, remind me again how wins in the prem LGE fits into this 🤣🤣

You do realise that threads on a forum like this have a tendency to go in different directions & you end up discussing things like original home grounds & steel city derbies & then folk respond accordingly….that’s what makes them interesting…that’s until folk like you need things spelling out to them numerous times & it all becomes tiresome..like now 🤡

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Patronising or over sensitive on your part? 

Simply pointing out that when something has become more difficult and there are more obstacles to overcome than previously then comparing too differing situations isn't as straight forward and simplistic as you appear to think.

It's hardly an ivory tower, it's just a higher division.

Mind the gap