Castle House Co-Op Closing Down

50 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The brick mosaic is based on an actual but unnamed steelworker. 

https://streetartsheffield.com/gallery/steelworker

Very interesting, thank you. I can see now that the hat is a welding mask but I always thought it was a sub visor hat.

11 minutes ago, Padders said:

Irene's are much cheaper, and she has big baps.

All filled by hand too!

49 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Especially as they charge £20 for a burger and fries and £8 for a bottle of beer 

Crikey! Does the burger come with fries or are they extra? 

13 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

That beer price is from kommune bar, Hippo don't sell beer, neither do any of the other vendors.

Not true. Last time I was in there was was a craft bottle bar thing in there., round the corner from the proper bar. And yes it could easily be £8 for a bottle of craft stuff but I dont have an issue with that, I paid £3.50 for a can of Abbeydale Brewery Heresy lager to take away from a pub the other day. If you dont want to pay £8 for a bottle of beer there are cheaper options, as you say.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not true. Last time I was in there was was a craft bottle bar thing in there., round the corner from the proper bar. And yes it could easily be £8 for a bottle of craft stuff but I dont have an issue with that, I paid £3.50 for a can of Abbeydale Brewery Heresy lager to take away from a pub the other day. If you dont want to pay £8 for a bottle of beer there are cheaper options, as you say.

OK, not noticed that, being a lager lout. I looked only on the options available on the Kommune app.