Castle House Co-Op Closing Down

Why do people get so attached to things?

Remember Redgates, Woolworths & John Lewis, to name a few? All gone from town, but you're all still breathing. I'm not making excuses for what, IMO, is a terrible city centre. But times change.

Oh, don't forget Banks, we used to have lots of those too! Mines on my phone but I do feel for some that never wanted, or intend to join the digital age. They are in for a big shock in years to come. (Not many years either, again, IMO)

10 minutes ago, zach said:

Oh, don't forget Banks, we used to have lots of those too! Mines on my phone but I do feel for some that never wanted, or intend to join the digital age. They are in for a big shock in years to come. (Not many years either, again, IMO)

what's the no1 crime in this country by far?  financial fraud

customer service over the phone or via internet chat is abysmal

you can do supermarket shopping online, but it is is a horrendous experience compared to wandering around the shop with a trolley

Edited by fools

1 minute ago, fools said:

what's the no1 crime in this country by far?  financial fraud

And you think it never happens with cash? Or happened when we lived in a cash only time? Fraud and theft have been around longer than us!

In a lot of cases it's the account holder/person that's at fault, or falls for a scam.

6 minutes ago, zach said:

And you think it never happens with cash? Or happened when we lived in a cash only time? Fraud and theft have been around longer than us!

In a lot of cases it's the account holder/person that's at fault, or falls for a scam.

is that what they call whataboutery.

stealing someone's life savings is a life changing experience, compared to being shortchanged or given a duff note in a shop once in a lifetime.

3million frauds a year supposedly, bit of a problem

you can't test a pair of headphones or a bed using an argos catalogue, you could in John lewis

Edited by fools

is that what they call whataboutery.

stealing someone's life savings is a life changing experience, compared to being shortchanged in a shop once in a lifetime.

3million frauds a year supposedly, bit of a problem

You can quote numbers all you want. How many banks in Sheffield in the 80's compared to today?

I don't like the scum that robs people digatly any more than the next person. But the way we use money and the banking system will never go back to the way it was.

Anyway...Back on topic - CO-OP's going, so have many others.

Just now, zach said:

You can quote numbers all you want. How many banks in Sheffield in the 80's compared to today?

I don't like the scum that robs people digatly any more than the next person. But the way we use money and the banking system will never go back to the way it was.

I'm surprised there isn't far more resistance, when you assess it fully, the digital world is not an improvement on what we had.

some nice camera's in coop, watching ... before you even get through the door

I'm surprised there isn't far more resistance, when you assess it fully, the digital world is not an improvement on what we had.

Maybe it's best you just don't leave the house. 

3 minutes ago, fools said:

I agree, more should be done, but we don't really have a say in how the world's banking system works. 

But it's a totally new topic that I'd be happy to get involved in if you start one. Until then...

Castle House was a splendid shopping centre. I remember the Christmas lights, the Grotto at Christmas and the brilliant cafe with views all over Sheffield. It was very handy for those who were disabled or infirm, as they could browse and buy upstairs, come down stairs and do some grocery shopping and be in a taxi in the rank outside without getting wet. 

Just now, zach said:

I agree, more should be done, but we don't really have a say in how the world's banking system works. 

But it's a totally new topic that I'd be happy to get involved in if you start one. Until then...

cockaynes was a wonderland