Conspiracy Theory #1 - 9/11

The only story I believe is that two aeroplanes carrying thousands of gallons of petrol crashed into The Twin Towers, at a high speed,  and was stuck in the middle of the towers, I think it caused an explosion because of the fuel the planes were carrying. 

Whenever the Twin Towers pops up on the news or discussed on the forum I still think about the people who were trapped above the impact. There only option was to jump or wait for the inevitable. 

2 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

The only story I believe is that two aeroplanes carrying thousands of gallons of petrol crashed into The Twin Towers, at a high speed,  and was stuck in the middle of the towers, I think it caused an explosion because of the fuel the planes were carrying. 

Whenever the Twin Towers pops up on the news or discussed on the forum I still think about the people who were trapped above the impact. There only option was to jump or wait for the inevitable. 

The evidence shows this is what happened due to a terrorist plot concerning more than 2 planes.  Someone always comes up with alternative theories but there's too much to explain away.

No living thing, human or otherwise, should have their lives ended in that horrifying way.

The only thing we can learn from this is to stop blundering around the world, upsetting people wherever you go. 

America and us, have been doing that for a lot more than a century and have repeated it in recent years too.  Not surprising that people  start biting back.

50 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The evidence shows this is what happened due to a terrorist plot concerning more than 2 planes.  Someone always comes up with alternative theories but there's too much to explain away.

No living thing, human or otherwise, should have their lives ended in that horrifying way.

The only thing we can learn from this is to stop blundering around the world, upsetting people wherever you go. 

America and us, have been doing that for a lot more than a century and have repeated it in recent years too.  Not surprising that people  start biting back.

I agree  with you on this post.

7 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

So what caused WTC7 to collapse?

Just now, top4718 said:

Buildings are supported from the bottom, a "gash in the side" wouldn't and hasn't caused a total collapse before or since.

The "gash in the side" (17 floors)  weakened the structure - most likely took out a  few girders-  and uncontrolled fires further weakened it then the weight above the damage (as observed by the firefighters who saw the building starting to bulge) became too much for the structure to support . Just like the twin towers a few hours before.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The "gash in the side" (17 floors)  weakened the structure - most likely took out a  few girders-  and uncontrolled fires further weakened it then the weight above the damage (as observed by the firefighters who saw the building starting to bulge) became too much for the structure to support . Just like the twin towers a few hours before.

I could imagine the side of the building with the damage collapsing but for it to fall to the ground like it did the supporting structure would need to be severely damaged, that didn't happen and no other building has collapsed like this.