The Building On Angel Street Corner (Formerly Primark & C&A)

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Solve perhaps the wrong word. You knew what I meant. People are quick to demand others do things without wanting to do anything themselves. So why should a private landlord house a load of homeless people in his or her building, even if they were allowed to? 

Is Irene helping by letting a homeless person live with her? Was an innocent enough question. 

She didnt " demand " anything .  Its just you having a dig as usual .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

How many homeless people will you be letting move in with you to help with the situation? 

None. I wouldn't feel comfortable with any stranger in my home, why, how many do you house in your home? 

I support charities where I can, including volunteering and have advised many friends on how to get help to avoid being homeless.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

She didnt " demand " anything .  Its just you having a discussion as usual .

Fixed a word for you there. 

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

None. I wouldn't feel comfortable with any stranger in my home, why, how many do you house in your home? 

None. But I am not the one on this thread suggesting a private landlord takes a load in to live in an empty concrete commercial building unfit for human habitation. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Fixed a word for you there. 

None. But I am not the one on this thread suggesting a private landlord takes a load in to live in an empty concrete commercial building unfit for human habitation. 

There is a difference between letting people who need shelter use space that has laid dormant for over half a decade to inviting strangers in to your home. 

The same way people donate unused furniture/goods to charity shops but would never dream of donating the family silver. 

Perspective.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

There is a difference between letting people who need shelter use space that has laid dormant for over half a decade to inviting strangers in to your home. 

I agree. But what you are suggesting is letting a load of homeless people use a building which is an empty concrete shell, which isn't suitable for human habitation. And that's before you even mention the social aspect of a load of people with complex needs sharing a small space, which would require plenty of wraparound support and multi agency working. 

See how it's not workable? 

1 minute ago, abbeyedges said:

I thought this is where the Easy Hotel was located.

In part of the building yes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

And that's before you even mention the social aspect of a load of people with complex needs sharing a small space, which would require plenty of wraparound support and multi agency working. 

They already do share small space, just outdoors. Have you not heard them arguing/fighting with each other outside McDonald's for all (including families with young children) to see and hear?