The Building On Angel Street Corner (Formerly Primark & C&A)

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

They already do share small space, just outdoors. Have you not heard them arguing/fighting with each other outside McDonald's for all (including families with young children) to see and hear? 

It's clearly not worth continuing this discussion with you if you can't see the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

It's ludicrous to do what you are suggesting, maybe someone else can explain it to you. 

An empty building is better than sleeping on the streets and some would argue better than the mould infested housing scheme homes that many people have to live with. 

53 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Tongues are wagging about the building on Angel Street corner, formerly Primark & C&A. Having been abandoned for over five years, it now seems to be used as a billboard holder. Recently, it was advertising KFC, which got people wondering if they were moving to there, but it seems not. 

It is a great shame to have a building in that location going to waste and not a good image for visitors to the city.  It would be perfect for a store such as House Of Fraser or Next to take on, plenty of retail space and room for an upstairs cafeteria. 

Or perhaps it could become a bowling alley with an upstairs bar.

Or perhaps a flea market, similar to the one in Pickering with a micropub hub upstairs, like the one in Doncaster Markets. 

Something should be done. 

If nothing else, it could be used to house the *genuine* homeless

My bold.

That sounds expensive 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

That sounds expensive 

No no they can just sleep on the concrete floor mate, with no toilets and washing facilities or social workers and the landlord won't have any issue with this. 

• Like 2

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

No no they can just sleep on the concrete floor mate, with no toilets and washing facilities or social workers and the landlord won't have any issue with this. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure the landlord would be in breach of a few laws and likely end up with a massive fine. Definitely not a goer in my opinion. 

Just to get the basics installed it would need so much money thrown at it it would be way too expensive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure the landlord would be in breach of a few laws and likely end up with a massive fine. Definitely not a goer in my opinion. 

Just to get the basics installed it would need so much money thrown at it it would be way too expensive.

A dispensation could be applied for to cut the red tape of any modifications being required to the building. Let's face it, squatters live in similar if not worse buildings up and down the country.