The Building On Angel Street Corner (Formerly Primark & C&A)

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yes , big ones . How many are there in Sheffield?

From a quick look on RightMove about 75 two or more bedroomed apartments for sale in the city centre boundary.  230 less than three miles distance of the city centre or approaching 700  within 1 hours commute.

If you want more specific details I suggest  contacting an estate agent.  

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yes , big ones . How many are there in Sheffield?

No bigger than the two bedroomed flats on Norfolk Park, Gleadess Valley, Park Hill, Hyde Park, Roscoe Bank etc in a lot of cases.

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

From a quick look on RightMove about 75 two or more bedroomed apartments for sale in the city centre boundary.  230 less than three miles distance of the city centre or approaching 700  within 1 hours commute.

Negotiating a lift/stairs with a pushchair and toddlers in tow is not practical, plus very little space for them to play and a danger if the windows open that far up. The city centre flats I have been in are only suitable for one person, two at most. 

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

No bigger than the two bedroomed flats on Norfolk Park, Gleadess Valley, Park Hill, Hyde Park, Roscoe Bank etc in a lot of cases.

They are designed for single people, namely the vulnerable and elderly. The houses on Parson Cross with the big gardens were designed for young families. 

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The small flats on the Westminster Estate were exclusively for the elderly until a few years ago, when they let smackheads and families move in and it became a free-for-all. 

22 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Negotiating a lift/stairs with a pushchair and toddlers in tow is not practical, plus very little space for them to play and a danger if the windows open that far up. The city centre flats I have been in are only suitable for one person, two at most. 

They are designed for single people, namely the vulnerable and elderly. The houses on Parson Cross with the big gardens were designed for young families. 

I'm sorry but you come across as completely naive.

There have been entire families who are living in apartments for decades.  Even in this city, places like Parkhill or Kelvin or Hyde Park or Upperthorpe or Stannington was surrounded by flats who housed lots more than just single people.  Even now there are dozens of modern day private or housing association blocks with families living there

There is not some spate of children constantly falling out of windows or parents having breakdowns struggling with the crisis of dealing with a lifts or staircases.  

Look at other bigger cities like London or Manchester or Birmingham or even across the globe where there are millions of families living in apartments because, away from your delusion, not everyone can or even wants to live in some out of town suburb with some two up two down with a garden.

That's not how things work.

I get it. You don't like apartment living. It is not for you. But you can't seriously think a two bedroom or more apartment is designed for single persons or a couple.  I've been in some older apartments where the rooms have got bigger dimensions than some new build houses.

Edited by ECCOnoob

21 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Are they big ? What price ? By the way , I thought we were talking about city centre living 

Edited by hackey lad

I drive past the Dyson Refractories empty building in Totley every day, I reckon that they could use it to make bricks. As for the coats and ats building, maybe it could be utilised as a college to teach how to avoid retail disaster. :huh:

21 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I agree. But what you are suggesting is letting a load of homeless people use a building which is an empty concrete shell, which isn't suitable for human habitation. And that's before you even mention the social aspect of a load of people with complex needs sharing a small space, which would require plenty of wraparound support and multi agency working. 

See how it's not workable? 

In part of the building yes. 

Kipping under a roof in a  ( as you call it ) shell,  with toilets, showers, wash bowls,  is better than kipping in shop doorways,   they have mats, sleeping bags ect and just outside there are plenty of eating outlets plus Cinemas, see ! Jobs a good un!  And don't even think asking me about putting anybody up,   with the dog we have got, I can only just get in the house.  Oh!  and If I moan about the dog,  I'll be joing the homeless.  :hihi: