I Haven't Changed My Politics, It's Society And Politics That Has Changed

"I have not changed, it's politics and society that has changed" :

The Times Mon 18 May 2023 (p15):

(Civitas conducted a poll of 1,100 school kids of sixth form age)

The older teenagers were asked what they had learnt at school. Almost a third said they had been taught that a woman can have a penis while 1 in 5 had learnt that a man can get pregnant. Two thirds said the knew someone who wanted to, or had already, changed gender.

Almost a quarter said that sex education lessons had included bondage, domination and sadomasochism. 

Four tenths said they had learnt that young men were a problem in society and a similar number were told that Britain was a structurally racist country.

The most worrying sentence is this one : Four tenths said they had learnt that young men were a problem in society .

One assumes this is as a result of all this cobblers about toxic masculinity and the fact that the definition of harassment (especially sexual harassment) is now so low that behaviour that was considered normal not so long ago (and I still consider normal) is now used as a stick to beat boys and young men with. It's no wonder there is so much mental illness among young people (exacerbated by the Covid suppression of society of course) : question everything you do or say, be worried and question yourself constantly, do not every risk upsetting anyone or you are a nasty person.

And they're inconsistent anyway. It's supposed to be all about "being yourself". So, be yourself, do not let people tell you what you should be thinking and how you should act.

Sod off.

QED

Edited by Chekhov

18 hours ago, Mister M said:

How does that fit in with right wing countries which had prolonged lockdowns during Covid?

Or has the whole world moved to the authoritarian left?

Throughout the world left wing parties were more draconian in their suppression of society. Don't get me wrong many right wing parties also over reacted, but less so.

We only have to remember Starmer boasting about how the Labour party was driving the suppression and wanted it to continue after July 2021's "Freedom Day" :

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Throughout the world left wing parties were more draconian in their suppression of society. Don't get me wrong many right wing parties also over reacted, but less so.

We only have to remember Starmer boasting about how the Labour party was driving the suppression and wanted it to continue after July 2021's "Freedom Day" :

I'll do some reading on the comparative responses to Covid from Governments according to political perspective....