Eurovision Song Contest.

pattricia

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

Bad or what ? And not just because we came next to the bottom. Singers crawling about on the floor, bawling their heads off, women with claw like nails ! Thought I was on LSD ! Where are the proper singers ? I switched over to Dan Snow exploring Tutankhamens tomb. Think it was a repeat but anything was better than that bawling lot !

Absolutely agree, Pattricia.

I lost interest many years ago when it became unbelievably politicised. Vote for your friends and neighbours and don't vote for the one country who we know is responsible for all the bad things that have happened in the world......us! Bash the UK time!

From what I see today it's just a grotesque circus, with a hidden agenda of who can come up with the most outrageous costume and image.

Music comes a distant second, most of it is banal rubbish.  Take me back to good old days, pre this electronic synthesizer era,  when you could identify melodies in songs and hear what the artiste was singing.

echo.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Whilst 10m in this country alone are watching it (not many programmes in the UK will have had more this year), the event is going nowhere. Thankfully. 

10m????

Christ that's a lot for such dross 

Can anyone remember any song from the last few years? Doubt it. Even Eurotrash songs were better than these, I turned off after 25 mins. Anyway, I can't do with shows that have whooping and screaming every time some singer opens their mouth.

I can only remember the songs by Sandy Shaw, Abba,  and Cliff Richard I think.

The most successful song in Eurovision history was by this singer, winner of the 1958 contest.

5 minutes ago, carosio said:

Can anyone remember any song from the last few years? Doubt it. Even Eurotrash songs were better than these, I turned off after 25 mins. Anyway, I can't do with shows that have whooping and screaming every time some singer opens their mouth.

I can only remember the songs by Sandy Shaw, Abba,  and Cliff Richard I think.

The most successful song in Eurovision history was by this singer, winner of the 1958 contest.

Abba and Sandy Shaw were OK but as for Harry Webb,  rubbish!